Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 02:43 pm
I have a Canon Support Center that keeps tellin' me, 'There is no paper,' no matter how hard I try, no matter what I do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 812 • Replies: 17
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 02:47 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
"Do not try and bend the paper, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no paper. Then you'll see that it is not the paper that bends, it is only yourself."

dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:17 pm
@maxdancona,
Max you've truly made my day

By the sheerest coincidence, looked up, adding your handle to 'Good Guys' listin,' noted I had already crossed it outa 'Not'
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:23 pm
@dalehileman,
As long as the printer keeps talking to you, things are good.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:35 pm
@Sturgis,
Stur, no, sorry, things ain 't good

's'S''z'if Mommy sez, 'No, Dale, that ain' rite,' over and over, but no matter whacha do, she keeps sayin' it, but won't tell me what it was I'm doin' wrong

!!!!!!
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:39 pm
@dalehileman,
My printer often tells me it is out of paper. I pull out the paper and put it back in, then go through the process again, from scratch. Sometimes it takes about a dozen starts to get it to print. And it's a pretty new device.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:48 pm
Make sure the paper is even. Additionally aerate the paper so sheets don't cling together. Pages stuck to each other could cause the printer to issue a false warning.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 07:47 pm
@Sturgis,
Ed, Stur, thanks
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2018 02:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Sometimes it takes about a dozen starts
Once more thanks Ed. This morn I've tried six times, but each time it seems to get caught. Pulls in the paper a couple inches, cocks it slightly then gives up.

Pulling it back out, there's a crinkle on the inside edge, suggesting maybe a slip of paper caught inside jammin't up. Wonder if your machine is also Canon and if so d'y know howta open it up

Thanks still 'gain
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2018 07:19 pm
@dalehileman,
I have an HP.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 12:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
HP
Apparently then, The, the theory that my prob owes to the paper gettin' stuck, might be sumthn;' else, mebbe most printers have

One of the 'terestin' things 'bout Canon, it has different ways of tellin' you it doesn't like you. One of the most 'terestin', it pulls the paper in about 1 inch, then after a few seconds, slips it back out

I had hoped this morn that it might after a dozen tries, like urs, give up and decide to print. But no, there's a sheet stuck inside somewhere. I can see an edge stickin' out jus' a li'l. So doncha gree gadgets like a printer should have easier ways to get intio
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 12:31 pm
@dalehileman,
It's probably simple enough. Search the model for instructions on google
dalehileman

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 01:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
google
Bly, fraidja might say that !! so my apolos f'm' laziness
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 03:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
simple enough
'Deed, Gar, all I had to do was pull the paper-feed tray forward, thus revealing mech at bot; turn machine on side, pull out the stuck paper

Workin' fine now due largely to ur encouragement
...;and it took only 2 weeks...
dalehileman

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 03:08 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
things are good
Yea Stur this pm everything truly is very good 'deed. With your and Ed's 'couragem't, I got the thing working, with many thanks also for ur kind encouragement
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 04:24 pm
@dalehileman,
I thought it would be simple if you looked at it long enough.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 04:25 pm
@dalehileman,
Glad to read the system works now!
dalehileman

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 07:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks fellas
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » There is no paper
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:25:58