Grammar check

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 02:08 am
I want to know if the sentences I have written below are grammatically correct and informal.

Example

1. Take that jewel from the box over there. after your use,

put it back how it was before in the same box again.

2. You can take and see that portrait from the place where it is. after you saw it, put it back how it was in the same place again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 682 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 02:31 pm
@johnsmiths,
1. Take that jewel from the box over there, but after your [or ' "it's"] use,

put it back how it was before in the same box again. [or jus '...put it back.']

2. You can take and see [look at ? examine ? study?] that portrait from the place where it is. after you saw it, then put it back how [where?] it was in the same place again.
johnsmiths

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:17 pm
@dalehileman,
1. Take that jewel from the box over there, but after its use, Pu it back how it was.

2. You can take and look at that portrait from the place where it is. after you saw it, then put it back where it was.

Thanks.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2018 01:01 pm
@johnsmiths,
1. Yes John that's perfectly okay for collo

2. Smitty it's very awkward, could be rewritten better in a large number of ways, depending on your tol for collo. I mighta writ,

You can take that portrait but after you look it over but please put it back how it was. [or'...the way it was']. Tendency is away from the " . '.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 01:58 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
away from the " . '.
s/;b ","
0 Replies