Burghers=Long life

Don1

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:14 pm
Yes it's true you too can live until you are 45 if you eat lots of burghers, just make sure you have some greens to balance it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005022944,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 622 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:24 pm
You mean 'burger' as in the fast-food, mate. The word 'burgher' is an old one refering to the free citizen of a town or borough.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:27 pm
I thought this was gonna be about the burghers of Sri Lanka.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:17 am
You are quite right Mr. stillwater Very Happy
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:49 am
The residents of Pittsburgh can once again allow their kids out on the streets now that the semantics question has been cleared up.

Don1: I've found that you can push that survival age to at least 48 if you include several strips of bacon, some horseradish, and a couple of Labatts. (Don't forget the steakfries for added vitamins.)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:03 am
I have no sympathy for anyone who can actually consume McDonald's "food" on a regular basis without having been subjected to any form of duress.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:08 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:

Don1: I've found that you can push that survival age to at least 48 if you include several strips of bacon, some horseradish, and a couple of Labatts. (Don't forget the steakfries for added vitamins.)

I'd forgotten about the goodness of steakfries. Yummy
Very Happy

I'm one of the lucky few, I'm 56 and can still bench press 200lbs and this is despite being forcefed porridge and cereals as a child by uncaring parents who would not let me eat wholesome food like McDonalds beefburgers.

I'm not a person to hold a grudge, I still love them despite their shortcomings.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:34 am
Andrew: I pretty much share your opinion of McDonald's (and the other chains) but I'll confess that McD's breakfasts are one of my weekend indulgences. A greasy Sausage McMuffin w/Egg, cinnamon roll, and coffee just seem to get my Saturdays rolling.

My biggest gripe with McDonald's is their new pricing/serving strategies. Has anyone paid attention to that? They were hurting earlier (I think they actually posted a loss for the first time ever,) but I understand their profits are now way up. No wonder ... they've eliminated several drink sizes, so now you pay a big price for a "regular" drink (Coke-OJ-Coffee) or an even bigger price for their "large" drinks ... which are all obscenely sized. There are no other choices. Who can chug down a PINT of orange juice/coffee or a QUART of Coke?

I complain, but I'll still be in the drive-thru this weekend ...
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:46 am
Just a sidenote ... one of my favorite newspaper headlines made reference to the highway interchange where my McD's is located. There's the usual assortment located nearby: Burger King, Arby's, Steak & Shake, etc. A while back, a stray dog was living on the handouts from patrons of all these establishments. Finally, Animal Control was called, but they couldn't catch the mutt. He literally became the local "underdog" with the local media showing him eluding The Man for days. Anyway ... the newspaper ran his mugshot with the headline "The Hound of the Burgervilles." Very Happy

Long story, hopefully a smile, too. Carry on ........
0 Replies