MSN Messenger problem

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:03 pm
For the past few weeks, I haven't been able to sign onto my MSN Messenger and I can't figure out why. I tried downloading it again and that didn't work.

Has anyone else had this problem or can help me solve mine?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,923 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:17 pm
I can't sign in when I try to use Windows Messenger (the one that comes with Win XP).

But the one I downloaded (MSN Messenger 7.0 BETA) works just fine. Try downloading that one.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:30 am
Is it free? If so, do you have a link to the one you downloaded?

Thanks for the help :-D
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 03:33 am
Montana wrote:
Is it free? If so, do you have a link to the one you downloaded?

Thanks for the help :-D

It is free. Here is the link:

MSN MESSENGER BETA
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 01:35 am
Thanks very much graffiti :-D

I'll do that when I get the chance and come back to let you know how it went.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 02:10 am
Messenger cratered on me about 6 months ago, but everyone I know is on yahoo, so I haven't bothered to even reload it.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:31 am
roger wrote:
Messenger cratered on me about 6 months ago, but everyone I know is on yahoo, so I haven't bothered to even reload it.

I've had no problem with either AND I have friends who use both. I'm just hoping the link to the BETA Messenger works for Montana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:56 pm
I tried it and unfortunately, it didn't work. I tried un-installing the messenger I have in my programs and it won't even let me do that :-(
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:35 am
Well, it isn't working at all today. I couldn't log in, and when I tried to check system status, this is what I got:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Quality Microsoft code, I guess.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:53 am
I used to have an MSN passport. Then one day without warning I couldn't sign in. I couldn't get help and I couldn't even contact MSN. I called them and they said server error. I called my server and they said MSN error.
I left a bunch of games , personal photo sites etc in limbo.
Sometimes it's just too frustrating...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 12:37 pm
It really sucks because I used MSN all the time.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:24 pm
Montana, you may have a security setting that is preventing you from connecting (when MSN is actually working, it isn't right now). Check your Tools-Options in IE (if you use IE). Look at Security and Privacy and see if there's anything weird in there.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:28 pm
I just tried to get status again and got "Server is too busy". They've got problems.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:37 pm
Right now messenger is on the fritz, they re prolly just fixing something.....Happens every now and then....i'm sure mine will be up and running soon.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:38 pm
I checked and I don't see anything. I know several people who have had the same problem and I can't figure out what it could be.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:39 pm
I haven't been able to sign into mine for about a month now.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 01:45 pm
I think if it was a security issue, then it would have effected my yahoo messenger as well, but it's only MSN that I'm having a problem with. It's strange.
0 Replies