I want to Import stuff from China, Taiwan and UK..HELP.

pap71

Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:31 am
Please provide me the information about what are the steps involved in importing goods from these countires.

I want to import Electronics items from China, Taiwan and UK.
I will really appreciate your help in this regard and want to know following details.

1. What will be the custom duty at US port for $1500 worth of imported goods?
2. What are the other additional costs if any incurred in this import process?
3. Do I need to have a registered company in USA in order to import the goods?

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 22 • Views: 37,496 • Replies: 26
Topic Closed
No top replies

superjuly

Sun 9 Jan, 2005 06:15 am
Hi there pap!

About a year ago I did some extensive research on importing goods to the US and believe me when I tell ya - the internet and a phone is all you'll need to learn anything and everything about it.

The US Customs - Import site is where you should start. It will be your importing home base. It's a bit complicated and there's so much information there that you might just get lost at first, but it's all there. If you don't find something, give them a call. Their staff is very helpfull and patiently willing.

I don't think you need to have a registered company in order to do the importing per se, but you'll have to, if you want to sell the stuff. But mind me, it's been a while since I've read about all this.

One last thing - be prepared. It takes a lot of effort and discipline in order to get things started. Importing is not simple at all and involves so much more than buying - shipping - receiving. You'll have to put in a lot of your time into the reasearch alone, mind the importing process itself. The Customs is a harsh bureaucratic system, you'll have to be very patient and attentive to details.

I wish you the best of luck.

Welcome to a2k. :wink:
nanzinha

Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:41 am
BUY from CHINA!
hey there..
if you are still interested in importing from china..just let me know..
my email is [email protected]
thanks
chineseexporter

Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:47 pm
Re: I want to Import stuff from China, Taiwan and UK..HELP.
pap71 wrote:
Please provide me the information about what are the steps involved in importing goods from these countires.

I want to import Electronics items from China, Taiwan and UK.
I will really appreciate your help in this regard and want to know following details.

1. What will be the custom duty at US port for $1500 worth of imported goods?
2. What are the other additional costs if any incurred in this import process?
3. Do I need to have a registered company in USA in order to import the goods?

Thanks in advance.

I am a chinese girl, although I am not offering electronics items, but if you need, I can help you in offering info you need when you importing from China.
glasglow

Sat 3 May, 2008 09:52 am
In your situation I would suggest contacting a local broker and forwarder. They can really clear up a lot of questions.. meet with them.. get to know them. A good broker can be your best friend when importing, and you will most likely need him anyway. Pay a visit to your local customs house... if you are inland the closest one will most likely be at the airport.
0 Replies

Terminal

Wed 25 Jun, 2008 01:07 am
Hi! We are a professional import&export company and provide agent service for foreigner as well. We can help you sorting out everything incurred in the export and import process. If you need any information, please feel free to contact us.

Contact Details: Ningbo CFC import&export Co., Ltd
E-mail: [email protected]
0 Replies

bodo1825

Tue 6 Oct, 2009 04:36 pm
@chineseexporter,
Hi, I just saw your reply on this forum and would like to get in touch and exchange some info as I am very interested in importing some staff from China. I think we canhelp each other a lot. Please email me at: [email protected]
Thanks.
0 Replies

Peperkamp

Thu 25 Nov, 2010 08:03 pm
@pap71,
I am from the Netherlands and have a lot of experience in IPC standarts and electronic production processes and quality control.I will be living in Taiwan within a couple of months.
Let me know if I can help you with checking the quality of the products.
[email protected]
0 Replies

nlashab

Mon 6 Jun, 2011 06:50 am
@pap71,
Hi My Name is Nazih and I am an agent that help foreigners to buy products from Taiwan .What I can do for you is take you to the best companies with best products .drive you around to the place you want.buy and send the goods.
my email ( [email protected])
skype = nlashab
paulhowardbiz

Fri 17 Jun, 2011 07:31 pm
Looking for broker in Taiwanese bicycle industry email [email protected]

jackcnfj

Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:00 pm
@paulhowardbiz,
Hi,
We are graphite heat sink LED factory from Fujian china. If you have interesting with this stuff, please feel free to contact. And also if you need to get stuff with competitive from suppliers in Fujian, you can contact with me as well. Cheers.
By the way, my mail is [email protected]
Regards
Jack
Asiaspring home appliance
0 Replies

lifeisgood

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 09:54 pm
@pap71,
Then you may already know about Guangzhou and Shenzhen, you can import almost very thing you want, esp electronic products. Shenzhen is an amazing city. you can contact my company for help: [email protected] or Skype:chingnic
nehaa

Tue 18 Jun, 2013 12:33 am
@nanzinha,
hi
wht are the items u r interested in importin frm china , i cn help u , v hv a tradin company over here , we cn help u in all ways , just send details ,
thanx
nehaa
Pearlylustre

Tue 18 Jun, 2013 01:28 am
@pap71,
I'm an importer in Australia so I can't answer about the US. Starting up your own business requires a certain amount of initiative and commonsense. It worries me that you're asking this question here and not going straight to the obvious places. Find a good customs agent.
laughoutlood

Wed 19 Jun, 2013 01:56 am
@superjuly,
hiya & higher sup

8 years late but onetheless jejune
Pearlylustre

Wed 19 Jun, 2013 02:11 am
@laughoutlood,
I don't know superjuly and jejune is my birthday.
8 years already? I've known my customs agent for about 15.
-1 Replies

Pearlylustre

Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:31 am
@laughoutlood,
Oh there. Nice edit.
laughoutlood

Sat 29 Jun, 2013 03:40 am
@Pearlylustre,

You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too, yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time