Firefox and A2K

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
I use Firefox, and have for several months now. One problem I've noticed is when I'm posting messages at able2know.com, if I block text and then click on any of the "action buttons" (e.g., B, "i", U, "Quote", etc.), Firefox will simply insert the tag codes at the very end of my message body, and will not enclose the blocked text in the codes. As a result, I either have to cut and paste the codes to the correct location, or just type the codes in manually, which is what I tend to do. This, obviously, is not very efficient.

If I use Internet Explorer to do the same action, it automatically encloses the blocked text with the codes I select. But I don't and won't use IE anymore.

Does anyone know whether something can be done to fix this problem? Is anyone else having this same problem? Is there a Firefox extension that fixes this?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,339 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:32 am
I've got the same thing going, tico. It seems to be specific to A2K, as the same thing doesn't happen at other phpbb boards I post at.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:42 am
ehBeth wrote:
I've got the same thing going, tico. It seems to be specific to A2K, as the same thing doesn't happen at other phpbb boards I post at.

You post at other phpbb boards! Shocked For what possible reason? Laughing

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting to know others are having the same issues. I wonder if there's a workaround, or an extension that can be used? I have the "paste quote" extension, which allows me to paste blocked text in quotes.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 07:07 pm
There is no firefox workaround you can install on your end as it is specific to the Javascript we use on ours (which was written before firefox).

In the future it will be rewritten (does not necessarily mean firefox-specific functions will be included).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 11:47 pm
Ahh. Thanks for the explanation.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 08:30 pm
I just found a Firefox extension that is a decent solution. It's called: "BBCode" and provides a context menu that adds the codes tags around the selected text. The webpage for this extension is: http://jedbrown.net/mozilla/extensions/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 08:56 pm
Thanks, Tico.
I'd hug ya, but I'm not sure that's done in the mid-west. Heartland, I mean.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:23 am
Done? Hell, it's encouraged!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 11:56 am
Consider yourself hugged. Very Happy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 11:09 pm
Very interesting, I would not have expected someone to write a whole browser plugin just for BB code (I personally wouldn't want the additional code in my browser for it).
0 Replies