Why would a guy go out of his way to talk to me if we barely know each other?

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 07:54 am
So I’m a freshman in college and I focused on school in highschool so I didn’t date. Basically I have intuition but I don’t know much about guys. So This guy I think is handsome and sweet has been a assistant for my teacher for years before I came. He’s quiet but still very nice to everyone. we never had a conversation one on one. When we first met I caught him staring at me multiple times but he stopped. Yesterday I went to my teachers office and he was there and he told me the teacher wasn’t available. I left to go to the study rooms and I and I was surprised to see he had followed me. He said “tell me about (this class)” he’s the assistant I’m sure he knew everything but then he looked overmyhomeowork and started explaining it showing how smart he was and kinda showing off . Then he left. What does this mean

centrox

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 08:19 am
He sounds like he's doing his job as a teacher's assistant. Part of which is (or should be) not hitting on the pupils.
Melmelon

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 08:44 am
@centrox,
How is that a part of his job? Still, I am not sure he was hitting on me. It’s hard to tell the difference between friendly and flirting
centrox

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 09:08 am
@Melmelon,
Melmelon wrote:
How is that a part of his job?

Helping pupils with their homework? Just a wild, crazy guess considering he's a teacher's assistant.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 11:52 am
@Melmelon,
Melmelon wrote:
he looked overmyhomeowork and started explaining it showing how smart he was and kinda showing off .

he wasn't showing off

he was doing his job of looking at your homework and explaining things to you
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 11:54 am
@Melmelon,
Melmelon wrote:
It’s hard to tell the difference between friendly and flirting

in terms of meaning, there is little difference between being friendly and flirting

flirting doesn't mean the person has any particular interest in you

flirting is fun and casual - it doesn't necessarily have any relationship-type meaning

my partner and I flirt with anything and anyone that comes into our circuit - if it makes them smile, we've done our job Smile
0 Replies