Shoddy Cellular Phones

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 03:08 pm
In August I bought an LG L1200

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/LG_L1200__Cingular_Wireless_/4505-6454_16-30914506.html

In October, the phone died on me, and Cingular replaced it for me, no problems. The new phone worked fine. Out of the blue, the screen died today. I still can make calls, but I cannot access any menus. I have arranged to get another phone from them, at no charge.

I had an old Nokia 6161 dinosaur before this one. It lasted for five years. The only reason that I changed it, was that it was analog, and when Cingular went digital, I had to change phones. It also was very big and bulky.

I am appalled that two phones have become defective in a matter of 2-3 months.

Have any of you had similar experiences with your cell phones?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,393 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Jonah

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:27 pm
cell phones today are definitely not as durable as they used to be, I have been through so many of the newer ones.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 10:33 pm
6 or 7 months ago I got the smallest flip phone I could find (several people have called me zoolander because of it Smile). It's some Samsung...the model name isn't on it. I don't think it's all that great of a phone....I've been pretty rough with it though -- got sand in it once & it's been dropped about 20 times. It's a bit scratched up but still works just peachy. Never had any problems with recent phones in Japan either. <shrug>
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 02:37 pm
Well, after the screen being off for nearly a day, the screen came back on. At least I was now able to move my address book to the SIM card, so that when I put the card in the new phone, I'll still have my addresses.

Intermittent........ugh!
0 Replies

unwired

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:29 pm
I've never been a big fan of the LG phones. I have never had one break (or anyone that I know) but they have a cheap feel to them and I don't like that.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:34 pm
unwired - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Well, since I got my replacement phone, so far, so good!
0 Replies

SydneyPerson2005

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 04:24 pm
LG phones
I don't know where you live but in Australia you can get some pretty good LG mobile phones. Mines an LGu8120 which is a 3g phone on the three network and its worked phone i have only had one problem ever and it was fixed under warranty it turns out the old software on the phone had bugs and the newest version had all the bugs fixed so it was upgraded for free and even then my old nokia phones cost a lot more and had problems too that weren't fixed under warranty well anyway got to go
0 Replies