NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

komo95

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:38 pm
THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - ends Next Wednesday, most likely

"Today withdrawls loads it's the check hi the the a ______ ______ 1,000,000,000. "

What are the two missing words in this strange sentence? Please send ONLY the two words, with no other information.

@wertyiu102 How do you get gold? xD -feels like a n00b-
Willam

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:43 pm
@komo95,
First word of each news article of 2000
lennyfan

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:52 pm
@komo95,
The number on the high score list is the number of times you've earned a gold trophy (first 10 correct responders, we think) plus 1 if you earned another trophy before earning your first gold. The other trophy gets added to the number of times you earned gold in your user lookup, so it also counts on the high score list.
komo95

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:55 pm
@lennyfan,
Thanks!

First 10 correct responders, wow @__________@ I'm not sure I'll ever be that quick xD
komo95

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:58 pm
@Willam,
Thanks for the answer I guess but I was trying to figure it out by myself D:

That is kind of a tough one though. I don't think I would have been able to figure it out. I tried googling some of the words along with neopets but nothing was coming up =/
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:59 pm
@Willam,
Okay, I'm impressed. No way I would have thought to look through that.
komo95

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:02 pm
@lennyfan,
Ya, I was thinking it was something to do with the bank xD

William- Did you count the News Flash for December 14th?
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:12 pm
@komo95,
Yeah, it's tough. I know people that have played for years and are barely on the high score list. Yet one person has a score of 40.

To get the gold trophy, you need two things:
1. Catch the LC just as it is posted. Generally means either doing a lot of refreshing or being lucky on when you check.
2. In most cases, have a good feel for how to solve it. One good way to be able to get a lot of trophies is to be good in math. A fairly high percentage of the LC's are straight math problems. (My biggest bug-a-boo with those is not paying attention to radius vs. diameter.) A couple of hints in regards to finding the right way to solve problems:
a. The LC loves PI. At least once or twice a year, there is a pattern of some sort that depends on PI. Always consider that when you have something to find missing elements in.
b. The LC has a strong correlation with current site events. Last week related to Illusen Day. A couple of weeks ago, it related to the scores to beat in the Daily Dare.
c. If there is a non-numeric pattern, it probably has something to do with something on the site (and this often applies to numeric patterns as well). Last week, for instance, it was alternating words from the beginning of the two Neopedia articles about Illusen.

She kneels in the soft grass, surrounded by blossoms, smiling as the scents tickle her nose. A garden sits behind her home, high on a hill overlooking Meridell. (from the Illusen, the Earth Faerie article, #192)

Far away from the troubles that plague the faerie world, Illusen enjoys the quiet refuge of her glade in Meridell. (from the Illusen article, #21).

Take the odd words from the first one, and the even words from the second one to get:

She away in the soft that surrounded the blossoms, world, as enjoys scents quiet her of a glade _______ _______.

And fill in the blanks for the answer of "sits Meridell."

Hope that helps.
komo95

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:14 pm
@lennyfan,
Thanks for the tips! I'm sure they will help :3 I'm not the greatest at math so I'll have to try to improve on that xD
0 Replies

rowanmikaio

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:14 pm
@Willam,
I found the 2000 news articles on my own, but I didn't check too hard because "withdrawls" didn't come up, so I missed it at first.
0 Replies

katherinemarie

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:23 pm
@Willam,
say whaaa? are these neopian times articles, as in the very first week? i'm so confused right now...
komo95

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:29 pm
@katherinemarie,
nope, news as in new features ^ ^
mewie

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:31 pm
@komo95,
They're the first word of each monthly New Features article from Y2.

...Does capitalization matter?
0 Replies

katherinemarie

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:46 pm
@komo95,
thank you! i swear i'm usually pretty smart...i can always do the math ones...but these words killl me. and in response to the other question, i don't think capitalization matters - it certainly didn't when they made the riddle...so it shouldn't for the two words it's missing
lennyfan

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:53 pm
@katherinemarie,
I would agree that capitalization can be ignored. However, I would recommend spelling the words correctly, even though they did misspell one in the riddle.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 03:41 pm
Solution to last week's, as first identified by Willam:

Click on News on the main menu, then click on the Older News link. Scroll down to 2000 (Y2). There are monthly links (with 2 for December). If you click on each of those links (in chronological order) and look at the first word for the last date of the month (or half-month for December), you get:

Today withdrawals loads it's the check hi the the a cool news 1,000,000,000

"cool news" corresponds to the blanks in the LC and is the correct answer.

One note: The LC had withdrawals misspelled as withdrawls. Don't know if this was intentional to make it harder or not.
0 Replies

Dumdedum

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:38 pm
This weeks puzzle:

In honor of the Daily Dare, AAA and Abigail decided to build themselves a tower.

The base of the tower is in the shape of a regular triacontakaihenagon, with each side measuring one metre on the exterior, and the tower rises vertically to a height of 31 metres, and it has a flat roof. The walls and roof are 30 centimetres thick.

If they decide to fill the tower with water, how many litres of water are required to fill the entire tower? Round to the nearest whole litre, and submit only a number for your answer; any extra information may disqualify your entry!

It's a maths one. a triacontakaihenagon is a 31 sided polygon. Really approximately a circle...
0 Replies

skutn1em

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:28 pm
I got a very, very large number... haven't submitted because I have no idea if I did my math right...
spaceymom

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:45 pm
@skutn1em,
Me too only I submitted mine anyway. 7 digits adds up to 33 not that I have any idea if i'm even close but I gave it my best shot Smile
jjbuttcrack

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:46 pm
i got a Very large number too. also not completely sure my math is correct. finding proper equations for this situation was difficult. i kinda had to adapt some.

but anyway -- if the tower is nearly 31m tall. and one cubic meter is 1000 liters, then a large number is expected.
0 Replies