NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

marron904

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 07:33 pm
Thanks!
Dear 'Santa Clause',

Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (round 147). You have won 328 NP!

Yours Sincerely,
The Neopets Team!

---

Hehehe...my name is Santa Clause! Thanks a lot!
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 07:45 pm
lunababy107 wrote:
it's sorta strange that there is no new conundrum....

Don't the new ones usually come out on Thursdays...?

Eliz.
0 Replies

marron904

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 07:50 pm
Actually, they end on Thurdays but I think new ones come out on the same day. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow!
0 Replies

vamprysscarrieannesb

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 07:54 am
New Lenny Today!
Anxiously awaiting the new game to arrive. Hoping to obtain the gold lenny trophy this week
0 Replies

pinkmustangxxx

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 12:11 pm
lol... new Lenny
Here's our problem. Whenever we post a Lenny Conundrum question, people solve it and then tell it to everyone else, thereby ruining it for the people that work hard to get the answer and the prize. It's unfair because some people spend a lot of time trying to solve it, and others don't do any work at all; they just get the answer from the Neoboards.

Therefore, to punish all of you, we're not telling you what the question is. You'll just have to guess the answer. Maybe that will teach you a lesson: don't spoil the Lenny Conundrum for others!
0 Replies

deshwitatenator

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 12:18 pm
maybe the question is already there

hmmm...not sure i put don't spoil the Lenny Conundrum for others!
0 Replies

pinkmustangxxx

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 12:25 pm
lol... that would be an "answer" to the problem now wouldn't it xD
0 Replies

htyphoon13

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 12:26 pm
i decided to put "the answer".....but for this one who knows! ^_^

Dave
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 12:39 pm
FYI: Here, or maybe nowhere
pinkmustangxxx wrote:
Here's our problem. Whenever we post a Lenny Conundrum question, people solve it and then tell it to everyone else...Therefore, to punish all of you, we're not telling you what the question is.

But if the question and answer aren't posted on a Neopets-related site, then many Neopians will pretend the math- or physics-related questions are homework or extra-credit or take-home-quiz questions, and post them -- sometimes dozens of times in a single day -- to math-tutoring sites. This is why -- FYI-- many of the tutoring services have banned Neopets posts as being abusive.

The answer is going to be out there, and the whole point of this thread is to discuss the "Lenny Conundrum". Those who want to do the puzzlers themselves usually beat the solutions here anyway, and those who just want to cheat are going to cheat anyway. Rather than censoring this thread, let's continue the discussion here, thus leaving the tutoring sites unmolested.

Besides, this issue was raised some months ago within this very thread, with people saying "You shouldn't have posted the answer", shortly followed by people asking "So what is the answer, anyway?"

It would appear that many of the "cheaters" (so-called) can't figure out the answer even when it is clearly posted here multiple times, so maybe non-Neopians working the puzzle really isn't that much to worry about.

Just my $0.02.

Eliz.
0 Replies

marron904

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:07 pm
I agree. The whole point of this board is to share answers. Hence the title "NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here".

There is a nbew one by the way...
0 Replies

marron904

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:08 pm
Argh...nevermind...quoted from the Lenny Conundrum page.

"Here's our problem. Whenever we post a Lenny Conundrum question, people solve it and then tell it to everyone else, thereby ruining it for the people that work hard to get the answer and the prize. It's unfair because some people spend a lot of time trying to solve it, and others don't do any work at all; they just get the answer from the Neoboards.

Therefore, to punish all of you, we're not telling you what the question is. You'll just have to guess the answer. Maybe that will teach you a lesson: don't spoil the Lenny Conundrum for others!"
0 Replies

pinkmustangxxx

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:14 pm
lol
That wasn't my statement, I posted what the neopets team ha released as the new LC... no need to jump down my back... I'm here to discuss it as well.. I was just posting the new LC so everyone who doesnt play neopets, and knows they come out on thursday, has an update..
chill out Very Happy
0 Replies

Subbota

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:30 pm
The full quote of the cunundrum:
Code:<!-- Start Conundrum -->
<p>Here's our problem. Whenever we post a Lenny Conundrum question, people solve it and then tell it to everyone else, thereby ruining it for the people that work hard to get the answer and the prize. It's unfair because some people spend a lot of time trying to solve it, and others don't do any work at all; they just get the answer from the Neoboards.</p>

<p>Therefore, to punish all of you, we're not telling you what the question is. You'll just have to guess the answer. Maybe that will teach you a lesson: don't spoil the Lenny Conundrum for others!</p>

<!-- This is not a hint. -->

<!-- End Conundrum -->

copy it to a notepad and highlight it - 3 lines after "no hint" will highlight. No clue what it means.
0 Replies

TheLatterRain

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:36 pm
Re: FYI: Here, or maybe nowhere
stapel wrote:

It would appear that many of the "cheaters" (so-called) can't figure out the answer even when it is clearly posted here multiple times, so maybe non-Neopians working the puzzle really isn't that much to worry about.

Yes, but you can never be sure how many people read the thread and don't actually post.
0 Replies

bornawitch

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:42 pm
Weird. I looked at the html 4 it and yeah, what's up with the "this is not a hint" thing...
0 Replies

bornawitch

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:46 pm
The lines mean nothing. It's just html...I'm confused about the hint thing tho...
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:55 pm
Re: lol
pinkmustangxxx wrote:
That wasn't my statement, I posted what the neopets team ha released as the new LC... no need to jump down my back... chill out

You gave no indication in your post that your statement wasn't actually your statement. We responded to what you posted.

No fair getting upset at people for not reading your mind. Rolling Eyes

Eliz.
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 02:03 pm
Subbota wrote:
The full quote of the cunundrum:
Code:<!-- Start Conundrum -->
<p>Here's our problem. Whenever we post a Lenny Conundrum question, people solve it and then tell it to everyone else, thereby ruining it for the people that work hard to get the answer and the prize. It's unfair because some people spend a lot of time trying to solve it, and others don't do any work at all; they just get the answer from the Neoboards.</p>

<p>Therefore, to punish all of you, we're not telling you what the question is. You'll just have to guess the answer. Maybe that will teach you a lesson: don't spoil the Lenny Conundrum for others!</p>

<!-- This is not a hint. -->

<!-- End Conundrum -->

copy it to a notepad and highlight it - 3 lines after "no hint" will highlight. No clue what it means.

Is this the actual coding for the page?

The "<!--" and "-->" things are HTML coding that allows for the insertion of "comments". For instance, you could be hand-coding a page and want to label different sections. You could insert "<!-- This part is the menu -->" or "<!-- the e-mail form comes next -->" or "<!-- this is the hit counter script -->", and then it would be easier to figure out the coding for the page when you came back to it later. It allows you to put stuff into the page that viewers don't see and search engines don't index.

I don't know much HTML, but the coding for the page, if that's what we're supposed to be looking at (and the "comment" suggests that it might), could be instructive.

Thank you.

Eliz.

P.S. The three lines that "highlight" are lines which have had a space inserted (space-bar, ENTER). The other lines are only empty carriage returns (ENTER only).
0 Replies

bornawitch

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 02:38 pm
Yeah...I know a little html, but not much...but I still can't figure out what the whole thing means...
0 Replies

pooh2ntigger2

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 03:44 pm
lenny html
the coding lines you see as <enter only are spaces left for the line seperater. If you include the extra lines after the total paragraph that leads u to the solid line they used as a seperator for the actual conumdrum
0 Replies