NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

EvilMynci

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:11 pm
My numbers seem to be incorrect. It says "What is the answer? Round to the nearest whole number." but I keep getting a whole number.
0 Replies

vvktv

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:16 pm
i got a whole number as well. even after i fixed my 3 mistakes (i submitted the wrong answer already)
EvilMynci

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:18 pm
@vvktv,
Oh man. I think I just got it.
beebzzz

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:21 pm
@EvilMynci,
i am getting a whole number too, but i am not certain about some answers. does anyone want to compare the individual results with me?
lennyfan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:25 pm
@beebzzz,
I get a whole number after I multiply times the largest value, but unfortunately, that is the value I am most uncertain about.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:33 pm
So for Super Hasee Bounce, should we take into account the multiplying score balloons?
Kutusita

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:37 pm
I also am uncertain about some of my answers, and made some assumptions along the way.

Wow, I just realized something that would have been really sneaky! Imagine if #15 referred to the GG version of Pterattack. Oddly, the "regular" version now shows up as Pterattack, but if you play the game, the title screen shows "Pterattack 2." I just played the GG one, though, and the first bonus life is at the same point.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:39 pm
Never mind my comment on Pterattack.

I played in the wrong window, so I was playing the newer game. When I tried to play the old one, it crashed my browser. Hopefully the question does not pertain to that version!
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:45 pm
@lennyfan,
I assumed the largest multiplier, affecting each letter.

I don't know if the multipliers stack upon each other. If so, then I guess you'd have to assume each balloon contained the largest multiplier, other than the ones needed for the letters, and you would get all of the multipliers first,then all of the letters. Seems like a ridiculously high number, though.
lennyfan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:52 pm
@Kutusita,
I'd have to agree that that would get ridiculously large. Just go with the largest multiplier once, I guess.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 07:53 pm
Anyone have a good source for the number of coconuts on level 1-2 of Wheeler's Wild Ride? I struggle to get through that one, especially if I'm trying to count coconuts at the same time.
0 Replies

vvktv

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:06 pm
@Kutusita,
I accounted for the largest possible multiplier. and when i played, the multipliers replace each other, they don't "stack"
lennyfan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:16 pm
@vvktv,
Ah, that's very helpful to know.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:16 pm
@vvktv,
Thanks. Smile That's at least one I should get right, unless TNT doesn't take multipliers into account at all.
0 Replies

Shenkuu Neopian

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:19 pm
I'm so frustrated! I'm pretty sure about all my answers except for #6. I just can't figure out how time factors into it.
lennyfan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:22 pm
@Shenkuu Neopian,
I think what most people are doing is figuring that 15 laps in 2 minutes is 8 seconds per lap. So they go out, do one lap in 8 seconds, check the score and multiply it times 15. Seems as likely as anything to me. Of course, I'm lucky to do a lap in 80 seconds.
Kutusita

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:27 pm
@lennyfan,
I didn't do it that way, although I did take time into account.

Watch it will be that time is irrelevant. *lol* Just one of many wacky assumptions!
0 Replies

Shenkuu Neopian

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:34 pm
@lennyfan,
Thank you for that!

However I've now found that doing 1 lap in 8 seconds, 9 seconds and 10 seconds+ gives different (not necessarily increasing) numbers of points. BUT 2 laps in say, 19 seconds, doesn't give you the amount of points you'd get for a lap in 9 seconds and another in 10 seconds.

Still trying to figure this out. :/ Thanks for the advice though!! Smile
lennyfan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:39 pm
@Shenkuu Neopian,
Does it by chance give you what you might expect for two 9.5 laps (wait - that would probably be the same as a 9 and a 10.) Or does it round it off somehow? (Say as 2 9s or 2 10s laps?) For purposes of the Lenny, I think you need to see about 2 laps in 16 seconds and see if that is double 1 lap in 8 seconds. If so, then it makes sense to multiply it out. If not, then there is a problem with that process.
Kutusita

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 08:45 pm
@lennyfan,
I'm beginning to think more and more that time is irrelevant. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, but I thought there was one.