NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

stormygoddess

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:00 pm
@maile,
Yup.. totally lame and a cop-out by the staff. If they'd done it ONCE maybe I'd cut them some slack, but there is no excuse to do it twice in the space of 6 months...
maile

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:17 pm
@stormygoddess,
Haha, I recognize your UN.
I think I've seen you around the AC Razz

So should we all just submit different random numbers?
Ugh.
kissychick

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:10 pm
@maile,
No we should all enter 100. If everyone who enters puts that we'd all be right.
Jen Aside

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:33 pm
@MariaWB,
MariaWB wrote:

Quote:
Jen Aside wrote:

Quote:
MariaWB wrote:

Haven't they asked this less than a year ago? Or was it what percentage of ALL answers to ALL LCs are correct?

"answering THIS question"

Uhm.. Okay.. What your reply means I don't know, but alright..

The question specifically says, "What percent of users answering THIS question..."--meaning only this round's question. Otherwise, they would have said, "What percent of users have answered the LC correctly over the entire course of the LC?" Frankly, I doubt they'd keep stats on that!
0 Replies

tante

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 04:51 am
@kissychick,
No we should all enter 100. If everyone who enters puts that we'd all be right.

lol
0 Replies

waylonjsmithers

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 05:35 pm
@MariaWB,
Actually, it was LC #108. Since it's on #277 now, that'd be 169 weeks ago (assuming no weeks skipped), or well over 3 years.
0 Replies

hfjai

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:27 pm
Quote:
[theneopetsteam] The Neopets Staff

Sent: 10/9/2008 11:04am
Folder: Inbox
Subject: You won the Lenny Conundrum! First 250!
Dear Jai,

Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (round 277). You have won 2437 NP!

Because you were in the first 250 to guess correctly, you also have been awarded a Pink Lenny Painting, and receive a trophy and the Lenny Conundrum avatar!

Yours Sincerely,
The Neopets Team!

The answer was 3. I knew it would be a small number, but basically took a semi-wild guess. I wasn't fast enough to upgrade my second place trophy.
stormygoddess

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 03:53 pm
@hfjai,
THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - ends next Wednesday, most likely.

What percentage of users answering this question will get it correct?

Please round to the nearest whole number. Please do not include any characters in your answer other than numbers. This includes spaces, punctuation, or percentage signs. If there is no correct answer, we'll pick whatever answer comes closest to being correct. And yes, we're intentionally asking this question again.

Same ****, different week Sad Sad Sad
0 Replies

Jen Aside

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 03:53 pm
@hfjai,
What percentage of users answering this question will get it correct?

Please round to the nearest whole number. Please do not include any characters in your answer other than numbers. This includes spaces, punctuation, or percentage signs. If there is no correct answer, we'll pick whatever answer comes closest to being correct. And yes, we're intentionally asking this question again.

So it WAS the same as last time! Odd! Can't say for this time, tho.

YAY THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE HIGH SCORE TABLE =B
maile

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 03:58 pm
@Jen Aside,
oh wow, the same question...again.
0 Replies

Jen Aside

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 04:39 pm
@Jen Aside,
A Chomby was walking down a path one day when Jhudora appeared in front of it. "Solve this puzzle, and you may pass," she said.

Add up all of the previous Lenny Conundrum answers where the answer could be expressed as a number. If the answer was more than one number, pick the lower of the two answers. Take the square root of that sum, round to the nearest integer, and replace the digits as follows:

1 : G
2 : A if preceded by an odd digit, P if preceded by an even digit
3 : H if preceded by an odd digit, R if preceded by an even digit
4 : T if preceded by an odd digit, Y if preceded by an even digit
5 : O if preceded by an odd digit, E if preceded by an even digit.
6 : N
7 : D
8 : U if preceded by an odd digit, I if preceded by an even digit.
9 : S if preceded by an odd digit, W if preceded by an even digit.
0 : L if preceded by an odd digit, M if preceded by an even digit.

Then, unscramble these letters to find a Neopian word. What is the word? Please only submit a single word, with no other information or punctuation, or your answer may be disqualified.

Ugh!
MariaWB

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 04:59 pm
@Jen Aside,
Yeah, this one is MEAN! Shocked

I think I'll just go to bed and forget about it this week..
K311Y

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:14 pm
@MariaWB,
Im assuming they want us to go back to the beginning of time (LC #1) and total up ALL the numeric answers...Gah this one will be easy to solve but a PITA to gather all the necessary numbers...
MariaWB

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:15 pm
@K311Y,
Quote:
Re: MariaWB (Post 3405240)
Im assuming they want us to go back to the beginning of time (LC #1) and total up ALL the numeric answers...Gah this one will be easy to solve but a PITA to gather all the necessary numbers...

Exactly...
K311Y

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:18 pm
@K311Y,
And do they want us to include answers where the answer could be expressed as a number and a word or just a number only? For instance, LC #2 the answer was 200 pounds. Will we use that number or not since there is also a word in the answer?
0 Replies

blacksuzaku

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:22 pm
The problem I can see with this is that if you make ONE mistake, it will completely alter your answer. Every number matters.

The other thing you could do is try to unscramble the word itself. The only problem is that there's a HUGE number of possibilities there too.
stormygoddess

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:24 pm
@MariaWB,
Or, you could just work with the info given (10-letter word, using these possible letters) and look for Neopian words and guess that way, ignoring the math thing.

g a p h r t y o e n d u s l i w m are the possible lettters

starts with G

G _ _ _ _ N D _ _ _
K311Y

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:25 pm
@blacksuzaku,
Thats what Im trying to do right now. Its a single word, 10 letters and 3 of them for sure are G, N and D.

I am a little confused on the part of the directions that ask you to use answers that could be expressed as numbers. I'm not sure if that means we need to omit answers that include words too.
K311Y

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:25 pm
@stormygoddess,
Maya, it doesnt necessarily start with a G. You have to unscramble the letters once you get them all.
K311Y

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:26 pm
@K311Y,
Those letters contain the word grundo...
0 Replies