NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

aneeqqasim

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:44 pm
blacksuzaku wrote:
Changing the 6 to a 9 is the only way to create a solution. Because otherwise all possible combinations are evenly divisible by 9. I decided to test them all out for fun ^_^

You might have lost time Razz
0 Replies

blacksuzaku

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:01 pm
No, I did it after I submitted my answer Razz
0 Replies

Viperine17

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:16 pm
wow, that was easy o_0
0 Replies

sweetfaeriegurl

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:50 pm
I tryed all the numbers, and than tried changing it to a nine the six, but than theres a few numbers that can not be divided equally than. I'm confused.. Confused
0 Replies

Jen Aside

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:51 pm
freakygerbil wrote:
The reason you will not get the avatar is because forums like this unbalance the game. Forums like this also make it a waste of time for those people who accept a challenge and are prepared to find the answer through genuine hard work.

Only if the solution is directly posted, or one [easy] step is removed. Perhaps wrong answers should be posted as well, to encourage at least checking to see if the "answer" is correct Wink

blacksuzaku wrote:
Changing the 6 to a 9 is the only way to create a solution. Because otherwise all possible combinations are evenly divisible by 9. I decided to test them all out for fun ^_^

You shouldn't have had to do that. It's a basic math shortcut, hence the trick.

sweetfaeriegurl wrote:
I tryed all the numbers, and than tried changing it to a nine the six, but than theres a few numbers that can not be divided equally than. I'm confused.. Confused

You only need the one that's the biggest! Very Happy

Incidentally, last week's answer was "4402"--discuss if you like Smile
0 Replies

sweetfaeriegurl

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:44 am
You only need the one that's the biggest! Very Happy
___

Oh yeah. Lol, Thank you so much!
0 Replies

cosmic axe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:17 pm
Can I remind you people that this IS NOT a neopets site. It is a site where people can bring problems to be solved no matter where they found them. Stop harassing people who provide the answers because they ARE NOT necessarily members of Neopets. Don't bring Neopets rules here - you have your own forums and boards for that.
0 Replies

reang

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
=(
wow I didn't think of fliping the tile.. I guess I lose. Anyways there's a faster way than trying all the combinations. just add up the digits and divide the sum by 9. If it's divisible then all the combinations are too.
0 Replies

mommytbe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 11:48 pm
I am so confused. I understand what's being said & I understand the visibility law. What is confusing me is what number we are supposed to submit for the answer? It is suppose to be a 4 digit #. I just don't know what 4 numbers to put down? if you muliply the numbers together, then the number is only a 3 digit number?

Math is not my strong suit. Confused I'm way past getting in the 250 but I'd like to win a few neopoints anyway. I would appreciate it if someone would email me at [email protected] with the correct 4 numbers. You don't have to put alot of rhetoric, just post the 4 numbers & I'll know what it is.

I agree with those of you who say this is a public forum for people to come on & work together & try to figure out the answer to Lenny's together. It isn't a neo site so therefore neo rules DO NOT apply!

I know I've been out of school 30 years so I'm not too good with the Math ones. Some of these Lenny's are really hard. There are people of all ages & all backgrounds on the site, it really helps to have college students, professors, teaches, etc. helping those of us that have not practiced any type math but simple math in many many years! Plus it gives us a chance to learn! I look forward to coming here to see what I can pick up each week (NOT JUST THE ANSWER! BUT KNOWLEDGE!!) I already have the avatar & a bronze trophy. I'd love to upgrade my trophy some day but that isn't my main reason for visiting this site & trying to do the Lenny's. I do them to try to broaden my knowledge. ~Tami
0 Replies

mommytbe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 11:59 pm
I think I just figured it out but I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know the answer anyway so I'll know if I figured it out on my own or not!

Thanks!! Laughing
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:33 am
mommytbe wrote:
I think I just figured it out but I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know the answer anyway so I'll know if I figured it out on my own or not!

Please reply with a clear listing of your steps and reasoning, and I'm sure someone will be glad to correct or confirm your completed work. Thank you.

Eliz.
0 Replies

SteelDragon

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:34 am
yay
Dear Barbara Miller,

Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (round 272). You have won 363 NP!

Because you were in the first 250 to guess correctly, you also have been awarded a Faerie Tales: Cloud Nine, and receive a trophy and the Lenny Conundrum avatar!

Yours Sincerely,
The Neopets Team!

Had been refreshing the page every minute and sent answer like 30 seconds after it came out... still not enough to upgrade my silver to gold... *sigh*
0 Replies

K311Y

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 02:40 pm
I haven't gotten the neomail yet saying that I got it right...I answered 9543. Was that a wrong answer?
0 Replies

Jen Aside

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 03:13 pm
cosmic axe wrote:
Can I remind you people that this IS NOT a neopets site. It is a site where people can bring problems to be solved no matter where they found them. Stop harassing people who provide the answers because they ARE NOT necessarily members of Neopets. Don't bring Neopets rules here - you have your own forums and boards for that.

Explain to me then the harm of waiting until the contest is over until posting the answer.

"Other forums will be spammed with questions about the answer to the current LC!" Well, I'm pretty sure they are anyway, regardless of whether we post it here or not. Is it our job to police the Internet?

K311Y wrote:
I haven't gotten the neomail yet saying that I got it right...I answered 9543. Was that a wrong answer?

Sometimes adding spaces or any extra information accidentally disqualifies you. [Answering "The answer is 9543" would actually be wrong, because computers think "9543" and "The answer is 9543" are different answers.] If you literally only put 9543 and nothing else, then it might be a glitch, and you could contact them with your concerns.
0 Replies

K311Y

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 03:21 pm
Yeah, I only ever put the number. That was the right answer though right?

I think there is a glitch. Some people are just now getting their top 250 winner mails.
0 Replies

MariaWB

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 03:29 pm
K311Y wrote:
Yeah, I only ever put the number. That was the right answer though right?

I think there is a glitch. Some people are just now getting their top 250 winner mails.

Someone has posted that the answer to LAST WEEKS puzzle was 4402.

I only just came online and went to look and it looked like something I could do for myself. I went through all 6543 combos and got nothing, and then I came here and saw that the answer was to simply flip the tile with 6 on it so it became a 9 instead.

So I learned that I need to think outside the box, and I also learned to try for myself before looking for help, and some patience in doing so =)
0 Replies

K311Y

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 03:35 pm
I agree with what you said Maria, but I'm not sure how that applies to what I was asking.

I was just wondering if 9543 was what others had answered and whether it was correct. I answered 9543 with no additional information included and I still have not received a "congrats neomail". I'm just asking because apparently there is a glitch with the LC and the mystery pic and I wanted to know if I was a victim of the glitch or whether I had answered incorrectly. Smile
0 Replies

puzzle

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 04:33 pm
today's news has been released, but no news about lenny conundrum. does this mean it will not be a new conundrum today? or comes tomorrow??

----------------------------------------------------------------------
31st July

ACK! Mutant meepits have been caught causing mayhem with our servers! This means that some of our regularly scheduled content and spotlights MAY have been effected. But fear not! The issues should be resolved shortly and we will return tomorrow with regularly scheduled content.
0 Replies

K311Y

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 04:35 pm
I think we are to assume that it means a new one will come out tomorrow. I hope that the people who DID answer correctly but have yet to be awarded their prize(s) can expect to receive them tomorrow.

Hmm...
0 Replies

Jen Aside

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 06:11 pm
I noticed there isn't a "Looks like this contest has already been judged!" message... wonder how many people won't realize there was a glitch and answer anyway Razz
0 Replies