NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

juliarox214

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 04:46 pm
Lenny Conundrum
Quote:
"But I put 667 as the answer on one of my accounts . . ." How many accounts do you have?

"Would it be wrong for me to waste my teachers time with this riddle??" I wouldn't bother. It boils down to two choices:
- never (infinity)
depending on what you think was intended.

Yeah, I have two accounts. I put one answer 667 and the other never (infinity) LOL anyway . . . hope one of them is right1
0 Replies

lem

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 06:21 pm
Re: Lenny Conundrum
juliarox214 wrote:

Yeah, I have two accounts. I put one answer 667 and the other never (infinity) LOL anyway . . . hope one of them is right1

You know it's against the rules though?
If they catch you - you may loose both accounts....

from Lenny Conundrum page wrote:
IMPORTANT : Some people have been creating multiple accounts to enter the Lenny Conundrum multiple times, to win multiple prizes or to improve the chances of winning. Please do not do this, it makes the game unfair for others. We will freeze the accounts of people that we find doing it.
0 Replies

juliarox214

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:20 pm
oops!
Quote:
IMPORTANT : Some people have been creating multiple accounts to enter the Lenny Conundrum multiple times, to win multiple prizes or to improve the chances of winning. Please do not do this, it makes the game unfair for others. We will freeze the accounts of people that we find doing it.

Ooops, I never knew about that! From now on I'll just stick to my main account. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Jen Aside

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:03 am
Yeah, only play any game from one account at a time. For instance, you could enter the LC on one account one week, then the other the next week, but never to improve your chances of winning. Games like Wheel of Excitement, too, if you wouldn't yet be able to enter again on one account, don't play on your other account yet.

Makes me mad, my second-best account won the gold LC trophy, and my main account only got third Mad Oh, well, though--I won Smile
0 Replies

fuzzzyfrog

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:05 am
"Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (Round 124). We have given you a Snowbunny Bath Puff, an Avatar, and 1666 NP!"

It was a trick question. I answered "never".
0 Replies

monetangel

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 12:53 pm
WOOHOO!
Got it right, thanks for all the help folks, you got me started in the right direction, at first I didn't know where to start, a real math problem, I love LC's like that! Very Happy Now it's just a waiting game for when they release the next one, I was fortunate enough to post early and get the avatar and item! Laughing
0 Replies

alnat11

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 03:59 pm
I get really annoyed when the new LC is announced late on Thursday. It's now 11pm UK time and I have to sleep. By the time I get up tomorrow I've no chance of being in the first 250. Mad
0 Replies

Suicidecandy

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 04:43 pm
Wow... Still not out? What is taking so long... O.o
0 Replies

Nique

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 05:26 pm
WAIT! It's up!

Quote:
Princess Amira was furious. "All I ask is to have a bath full of freshly sun-melted glacial ice, and my servants can't even get that right!" She ordered them to empty out her bath and start over with new glacial ice.

This time, they returned with three ice spheres: one was 0.9 meters in diameter; one was 1.5 meters in diameter; and the last was 1.8 meters in diameter. They all started melting at the same time. Also, the water in the bath evaporated at a rate of 0.1mm of depth per minute.

Otherwise assuming the same conditions as last week's Lenny Conundrum, how many minutes will elapse before the bath is completely full? Please round up to the nearest minute.

Update: Currently (8:20 Eastern Time) trying to put the info into a spreadsheet and get it to do the work for me. It's not going extremely well. I may be using the wrong formula in some row... Will update with my answer if I work this out.
0 Replies

Unessential

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:25 pm
Wow... that's the 7th connundrum i've missed the top 250. =( ...

Edit>hmm... I'll try making a sheet also.
0 Replies

Roly Poly

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:25 pm
ok here is what i have. First I converted all the meters into millimeters. Useing a spreadsheet I calculated the volume of each sphere in mms cubed using the formula 4/3*PI*r^3. i then subtracted 1.5mm from each r. Registered the difference between each minute subtracted it from the volume of the tub. I also added in the evaporation of 584567.14755 mm^3 into the equation after each minute. Please remember that as the ice is melting in the first minute it is also evaporating 0.1 mm of depth from the tub. My conclusion was that the tub would be completely filled by minute 295.

Error at first post..... i got it wrong.... the formulas i was using did not add in the .1mm of evaporation... the correct answer is 334 minutes
0 Replies

markr

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:36 pm
I also used a spreadsheet and got 335 minutes.
0 Replies

Nique

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:38 pm
Okay, edited this one out, posting my result below when I get my spreadsheet fixed. I not only forgot to add the previous height of the water but I also made the mistake of r^2 instead of r^3. Yeah, I'm really with it tonight.
0 Replies

Unessential

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:41 pm
Ahh... somebody help me figure out a way to put a 4 dimensional table in a 2 dimensional spreadsheet?
0 Replies

CurlyJo13

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
Uh oh...
I must ahve done something very worng because I got 1341 minutes...
0 Replies

Roly Poly

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:47 pm
Unessential wrote:
Ahh... somebody help me figure out a way to put a 4 dimensional table in a 2 dimensional spreadsheet?

use the formula for volume like this: for Excel =sum(4/3*PI()*(r*r*r))
0 Replies

Unessential

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:50 pm
Roly_Poly wrote:
Unessential wrote:

r*r*r?? Multiply the volume by the diameters? Oo
0 Replies

markr

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:51 pm
Roly_Poly:
I also assumed that evaporation occurs in the first minute.

After 334 minutes, I have the volume of water at 4.67648+ cubic meters.
After 335 minutes, I have the volume of water at 4.68005+ cubic meters.

The bath holds 4.67653+ cubic meters.
0 Replies

Nique

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:56 pm
Unessential wrote:
Roly_Poly wrote:
Unessential wrote:

r*r*r?? Multiply the volume by the diameters? Oo

Radius. Half the diameter. The formula is 4/3*pi*r^3 for volume of a sphere.
0 Replies

007penguin

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:58 pm
we have to round to the nearest minute....
0 Replies