Just need a push in the right direction

MrM1263

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 03:30 pm
So basically, I have decided I want to get on the fitness wagon, get healthy, lean. I have been overweight basically my whole life, but whenever I decide to start, I'll go for about 2 weeks and just stop, or I have to sit down cause people would take my time, and afterward I really feel terrible, Id just like to start now, get into a fitness, I'd just like to ask body builders, or anyone in the fitness game, how they stay motivated, and how and when to use creatine, and how long after using it I'm allowed to eat, what to do and how to stay patient
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 857 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 05:09 pm
@MrM1263,
I don't use creatine (and I'm female, for that matter).

Start slow, and do the things you like. Like to walk? Then walk and find fun places to walk to. Want to lift? Then try for functional fitness, where you are lifting not just for the sake of lifting but also to make sure you can do all of the things that you will always need to do in life, if that makes any sense.

Case in point: years ago I had long hair and I would put it in a ponytail all the time in order to not have to deal with it. One reason was because it hurt to keep my arms up long enough to really style it. Hence now one of the exercises I do involves lifting over my head and I don't have this problem anymore.

Watching what you eat involves taking in what is good for you. A lot of this I imagine you know already. A salad, for example, is going to be better for you than a plate of French fries. One big change should involve cooking for yourself. If you don't have one already, I highly recommend a slow cooker. Throw beans and water, or chicken and broth, or meat (the tougher cuts are better) with some sort of liquid, and set it to be on high for usually 4 - 6 hours. Toss that protein over vegetables and dinner is served.
0 Replies

John Torgerson

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2018 04:29 am
@MrM1263,
In order to stay motivated for exercise try these steps:
1. Invite Others To Come Work Out With You.
2. Try And Help Them Find An Activity. That They Will Naturally Enjoy.
3. Take An Interest In Their Training.
4. You Will Help Motivate Them To Move.
5. Take The Time To Answer Their Questions.
Most people take creatine for 1 1/2 to 3 months, then go off of it for a month before resuming again. However, there are no conclusive studies that say you should cycle it or go off of it.
0 Replies