Once, I had a dog..

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:34 am
When I was a child ( now I'm a big guy ) ), I like to draw others very much.I was good at that, and when I was at hospital I drew many nurses :wink: .Man I was something, but now I'm lonely.Ok, back to my sad story.I remember at that time of school we were supposed to submit projects.A woman from my place asked me to help her son in the painting part of his work.Ofcourse not mention that he was the school nerd.She later gave us one of her puppies as a reward to my effort.My brother ( he is crippled now ) and I loved that dog very much.We were with him in every move, taught him many stuff.But, my father didn't like the idea of the dog being in the house, so most of the time we would take him to our farm.Later on and because my father is a kind man, he let us keep him in.The dog was strong and fast, look like the doberman kind of thing.I considered him my dog guard; I remember once that he chased a man, that was fun Very Happy .Well, the man actually was picking at him.It was a good a time of my life with him.He died with poison.I think our neighbour gave him something to kill him.I hated that neighbour, but couldn't do anything.He was a scary man, and my father didn't take care of the whole thing.We found my lovely dog a few distance from my house; he was lying on the ground, and there was the trace of throwing near him.Ofcourse it didn't take time to figure out what had happened to my dog.

Now, I don't have any pets, maybe because I don't have time.I wrote this because I'm thinking to go to the old man, and bring it up again.I'm a big guy and he can't do anything to me.Is it worthy to give a shot and told him my story?!.Maybe, I should forget the whole thingy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,000 • Replies: 20
No top replies

HofT

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 10:56 am
Navigator - shoot the bastid! Anyone who will poison a dog is a burden to the planet.

I'm surprised you didn't do it before this, but maybe it's better for you - you couldn't be on anybody's list of suspects at this point.

Shoot him and be done with it, your dog deserves that much justice.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 06:10 pm
Navigator - By all means ask the man. You didn't include the age of the dog or the amount of time he had been missing before you found him, so the possibilities are nearly endless. Intestinal intususseption is a potential cause of death, among many other conditions. Even if the cause of death was indeed an ingested toxin, these don't always have to be deliberately placed. Those are are rarely kill their victims in a matter of minutes. At least, give the neighbor a chance to tell you if he really did it.
By the way, please accept my belated condolences.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 06:25 pm
Sure. In Arkansas, you would have already shot him.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 03:05 am
Thanks.What if he denied, I don't have a clue.Besides, I'm speaking about an old man here.

Hi CowDoc, thanks.I remember I found him very soon.He wasn't old.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 01:11 pm
Nav, I note that you don't mention "the dog" by name.
I would think that, had you any significant attachment/relationship with "the dog", you would not have avoided disclosing "the dog"s name.

I suspect the whole affair to be just another figment.

Carry on.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 03:44 pm
I suspect some folks feel a strong, defensive need to project their own foibles and inferiorities onto others.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:10 am
Magus wrote:
Nav, I note that you don't mention "the dog" by name.
I would think that, had you any significant attachment/relationship with "the dog", you would not have avoided disclosing "the dog"s name.

I suspect the whole affair to be just another figment.

Carry on.

Why did you say something like that?!, and why do I have to lie Smile .I came from different society; in my place we don't care about naming, not that we don't love that.It's just like that.The truth is we were calling him two names, and I didn't mention them because I thought you might consider them weird.The first one was ( speedy ) and the other one wasn't that good, but others including mom and dad were calling him ( crusty, husky, scurfy not sure fo the exact translation )..

But don't call me this because you don't know me, and thanks
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:15 am
You timberlandko too.I've been here since long.I wonder why you said that.You can't judge a person like this.

Anyway, I have a new puppy.Mu nephew plays and scares from him at the same time Smile .The puppy came with my nephew's gang.I don't know where they found him, but he is now with us.

And yes, I didn't think of name yet.Anyway, thank for the trust you two :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:24 pm
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog navigator. You have my sincere sypathies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:04 pm
Navigator, I'm sorry to hear about your dog.

I love the dogs in my life very much, and that story is very hard to read.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:37 pm
Thanks Montana, thanks ehBeth.You tell Magus and timberlandko.

You know, I'm not upset because of them.What you Montana and ehBeth wrote were much of help and I thank you for that with the others.

I'm concerned about the old man.I didn't and couldn't talk to him.He's at the same age of my father, let's say 83.But he is fine not like dad.I'm a little a fraid to tell the truth, or maybe it's not fear.Maybe I should leave everything.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:39 pm
You have to decide whether it would help anyone to talk to the old man about this, navigator.

Sometimes things are better left alone.

However, if you suspect he might harm another animal, you might want to let him know of your suspicions and let him know people will be keeping an eye on other suspicious happening in re animals around him.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:01 pm
navigator, you misunderstand the thrust of my comment. I'm on your side, partner - and if there's anybody around here who's more pro-dog than me, I dunno who it might be.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:04 pm
I'd try to wrestle ya for the title, timber, but yer awful wiry.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:07 pm
Laughing /w ehBeth - yeah, but Cleo and Baily don't add up in weight to the amount of dog poop I dispose of in a day Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:09 pm
I hate to say this, but I think you should keep it to yourself, and not talk to the old guy. I think the odds are great that you will be disappointed with the outcome.

Plus, what if he didn't poison your dog? How sure are you that you're even right about this?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:18 pm
and that, timber, sums up why people like taking care of my dogs. :wink:
the most difficult part of living with them is searching for the poop under leaves in the autumn
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:34 pm
Hey, navigator - just for giggles, check THIS out.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:44 pm
but the pix are missing <pout>
0 Replies