Kicky's Surprisingly Good Christmas

littlek

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 12:39 pm
What a nice thing for your grandma, kicky! Glad to hear you had fun.

I am still at myparents. I was planning to be gone by now and safely back home at my quite apartment, but I am snowed in......
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 12:48 pm
So get your ass out there and start shoveling!

My car is absolutely buried right now...on it later.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:07 pm
Nice heads up to what I'm getting into.....soon. Shocked

me <---- running off to check Boston's forecast.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:15 pm
paulaj wrote:

And the other conversation bomb came from my X husband, he casually insulted me, in front of 6 people, for NO reason, he just felt like being an a-hole and I was the target.

You could've just smiled slyly and said, "Well, now you can all see why he's my EX!"
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:16 pm
Hey lips, have you lived anywhere with snow before?

If not, get yourself a good pair of boots and gloves, and if you're going to have a car, you better have someone teach you how to drive in the snow.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:16 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Good Lord! I am starting to talk like Slappy and Bipolarbear.

Those two are leading me down the road to perdition.

Isn't Perdition the name of your farm, Gus?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:19 pm
You want snow? Go to Rochester! Or Buffalo, which is where I had to end up on my first nightmare flight. What a shithole that city is. It took us twice as long to get to Rochester because of that ****.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:24 pm
Smiling about Kicky and Grandmother, 'tis nice to hear.

A big hiss to Paulaj's ex, whatta dolt.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:43 pm
Welcome back kicky, we missed you!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:51 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I assure you no one who follows me is on the road to perdition...much warmer our destination.....
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:05 pm
Eva wrote:
paulaj wrote:

And the other conversation bomb came from my X husband, he casually insulted me, in front of 6 people, for NO reason, he just felt like being an a-hole and I was the target.

You could've just smiled slyly and said, "Well, now you can all see why he's my EX!"

That is exactly what I think when he does these thing's.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 05:10 pm
Paula, that is what my idiot sister-in-law does to me all the time too. And it's usually not even anything clever either. It's just an unimaginative, "Well, we all know you're stupid anyways." or something lame like that.

The problem with me is that I make a lot of self-deprecating jokes. When you have someone like my sister-in-law around, they never fail to take you literally and then use it to make a personal attack on you.

She did it at least a few times during this visit, but I was prepared this time. Mostly I just ignored her. Her insults used to really embarass me, which would make it virtually impossible for me to think of a smartass comeback, but I realized something. I realized that she's an insecure control freak, and that is what insecure control freaks do when they are threatened. The things they say are only their own perceptions, and have much more to do with them than you.

Some people just don't get how wonderful you are Paula. F*ck 'em.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 05:50 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I assure you no one who follows me is on the road to perdition...much warmer our destination.....

Bloody bear has turned into Yoda since that damn change of avatar he made, yes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 05:51 pm
kickycan wrote:
Paula, that is what my idiot sister-in-law does to me all the time too. And it's usually not even anything clever either. It's just an unimaginative, "Well, we all know you're stupid anyways." or something lame like that.

The problem with me is that I make a lot of self-deprecating jokes. When you have someone like my sister-in-law around, they never fail to take you literally and then use it to make a personal attack on you.

She did it at least a few times during this visit, but I was prepared this time. Mostly I just ignored her. Her insults used to really embarass me, which would make it virtually impossible for me to think of a smartass comeback, but I realized something. I realized that she's an insecure control freak, and that is what insecure control freaks do when they are threatened. The things they say are only their own perceptions, and have much more to do with them than you.

Some people just don't get how wonderful you are Paula. F*ck 'em.

I read these things and feel so lucky that my family died when I was so young....

"Cept the grandma sounds great!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 06:19 pm
Family doesn't always have to be bad, Deb. We had a very nice Christmas with my sister and her family. Alright, I admit - Christmas is a lot better since my parents moved to Hungary and we are not even asking them to come visit...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 06:38 pm
Lol!!! Urs! Yes - I know, families can be great - but often Christmas is a time familied folk find pretty wearing.

We used to have a huge party every year, that went on from about 11 am on christmas day, and all our friends would reel in from family "do's" - shaken and often enraged - and babble for a while, then relax and soothe the next escapee.

They were fantastic parties!

A few of us, sans famille, provided the soothing core of the thing....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 07:46 pm
Kicky...Glad your back!http://scosoft.com/h/Holidays/776a30a5.gif

My Christmas with my family consisted of stopping by my mothers house, swapping gifts and shaggin' ass about 20 minutes later. LOL
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:26 pm
Hey, makemeshiver! Glad to be back!

I have to say, for all the complaining I do about my family, I always get homesick for a while after seeing them. They are all nuts, but they're my nuts, and I love them. Yeah, you heard me right, I love my nuts.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:30 pm
very glad to hear it.

what about your uvula????
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:31 pm
kickycan wrote:
I have to say, for all the complaining I do about my family, I always get homesick for a while after seeing them. They are all nuts, but they're my nuts, and I love them. Yeah, you heard me right, I love my nuts.

ROTFLMAO!..................You forgot one-

They are the ONLY NUTS WE HAVE! Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:28:22