Who is the Holy Spirit?

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 04:56 am
The Holy Spirit is God. He is called "God the Holy Spirit". He is the third person in the Trinity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,768 • Replies: 22
No top replies

blatham

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 05:17 am
Well, I'm glad that's finally cleared up.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 06:47 am
@blatham,
I always thought it was 13th Century Druid and political activist Ken Smith.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 08:20 am
@peacecrusader888,
Sounds like you consider yourself a "christian" — maybe you could point out the passages in your holy book that identify, describe, and explain the trinity.
snood

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:28 am
@hightor,
Sounds like you're looking for a target to sharpshoot.
hightor

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:34 am
@snood,
Sort of like aiming for the broad side of a barn!
snood

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 10:36 am
@hightor,
Yeah, no sport in that.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 11:47 am
Hate to second those replies.

The topic itself with that title is not worthy.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 02:13 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Well, I'm glad that's finally cleared up.

The Holy Trinity is not a mystery anymore

The spirit of Ama and I had a conversation about the Trinity. This is how it went:

Aristeo Fernando: Ama, what is the meaning of Jesus Christ sitting at the right hand of God?
Ama: To His right.
Aristeo: Is that to His right?
Ama: Yes.
Aristeo: Aren't they only one? Jesus Christ, He is that God. Why will He say to His right?
Ama: Right. Right. Because there is God the Father.
Aristeo: Isn't God the Father, He is also Jesus Christ?
Ama: Good. That is right. But they were made into three: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. It is only one but they were made into three.
Aristeo: Ama, You are that God the Holy Spirit, aren't You? You are also Jesus whose spirit lived in the physical body of what we call Jesus Christ. Is that correct?
Ama: Good. For example, you, your child said "Daddy, please buy me a dress." Then your daughter said, "Daddy, please buy me a dress." You don't have sufficient money to buy for the two. You will ask yourself, who will you buy immediately? Who is that? Question. Isn't it that it is you yourself? Who did you ask? Isn't it that it is you yourself? Who said that it is that child you have to buy immediately? Isn't it that it is you yourself? Then you are three.

The one who decided is God the Father. The one who asked the question, God the Son. The Holy Spirit, who is it? That is the answer. You are three but you are only one.

(For Filipinos, this conversation is at http://aristean.org/transcript006.htm titled "Paliwanag tungkol sa Trinity".) (From 1999-04-25)
0 Replies

Andyinuk

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 09:38 pm
God is amazing, so big He isn’t confined to one form like you and I. but 3. In the bible He reveals 3 of those forms, God the father, son and Holy Spirit. I suppose it’s a bit like water in the form of water! Ice and steam.

The Holy Spirit is that part of God that on our invitation, actually lives within us to guide us in His ways. All you need to do is accept Jesus and ask.
peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 02:12 pm
@Andyinuk,
Quote:
God is amazing, so big He isn’t confined to one form like you and I. but 3. In the bible He reveals 3 of those forms, God the father, son and Holy Spirit. I suppose it’s a bit like water in the form of water! Ice and steam.

The Holy Spirit is that part of God that on our invitation, actually lives within us to guide us in His ways. All you need to do is accept Jesus and ask.

God lives within us. It is our heart where He lives. Satan lives there also. Who does sin? So we have God to prevail. Feed it with His Word and absorb.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2017 04:18 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
The Holy Spirit is God. He is called "God the Holy Spirit". He is the third person in the Trinity.

Yes, the Holy Spirit is God. Both God and Satan are omnipotent (having all power; almighty) and omnipresent (present everywhere at the same time); but only God is omniscient (knowing everything; having complete or infinite knowledge; including knowing what happened in the past and what will happen in the future).
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2017 05:45 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
He is called God the Holy Spirit.

Spirits are genderless.

peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 04:57 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Spirits are genderless.

Spirits do not have sexual organs like humans, hence genderless; but we know that the Father and Jesus Christ, hence the Holy Spirit, is male; the Blessed Virgin Mary is female.
hightor

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 05:06 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
... but we know that the Father and Jesus Christ, hence the Holy Spirit, is male; the Blessed Virgin Mary is female.

How do we "know" this?
peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 05:26 am
@hightor,
Quote:
How do we "know" this?

We know that Jesus Christ is male, the Father is male, and the Holy Spirit is male (John 16:13). The mother of Jesus, the Blessed Virgin Mary, is female. She was taken to Heaven by her Son body and soul.
hightor

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 05:37 am
@peacecrusader888,
Would it really make a difference if the sexes were reversed? I wonder why it's even important for these gods to have a gender at all. Why does it matter?
peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 06:04 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Would it really make a difference if the sexes were reversed? I wonder why it's even important for these gods to have a gender at all. Why does it matter?

For the true God, He is male. The spirit of Ama said that only males may give the communion host because Jesus is male. For us who attended His sessions, He said that we were born males and females. That means, we have been reincarnated.
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 06:41 am
@peacecrusader888,
Though many have been taught this the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person or part of a trinity, but God's power. An example of this is found at Acts 2:1-4. Notably the pont is found in verse 4 where each person was filled with holy spirit. After which they were given the ability to speak in the various languages of the peoples present at the festival of Pentecost.
peacecrusader888

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 02:02 pm
@anthony1312002,
Quote:
Though many have been taught this the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person or part of a trinity, but God's power. An example of this is found at Acts 2:1-4. Notably the pont is found in verse 4 where each person was filled with holy spirit. After which they were given the ability to speak in the various languages of the peoples present at the festival of Pentecost.

He is male. Jesus said in John 16:13, "Howbeit, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truths: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come." Jesus Himself said this verse, and He used the pronoun 'he' to describe the Spirit of truth or the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the Father Himself. Jesus is God as what Revelation 22:16 says. God is the one talking in Revelation; John was writing down what he was seeing and hearing. How can Christians be one if there are Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Baptists, Seven Day Adventists, etc.?