How can a man know that the god he believes in and worships is the true God?

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 07:33 am
Man believes and worships a supreme being who he calls god. The supreme being may be more than one, like the Hindus. But of all these gods there must be only one true God and all the others are false gods. If there is a true God, there must be false gods. How then can he determine whether the god he believes in or worships is the true God or a false god. What are the attributes of god that man considers as those a true God should possess?

If you were to worship a god, be sure that He is the true God.

Are we just contented to believe in a god that was introduced to us by our parents? Or do we just believe that all these gods are one and the same?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,761 • Replies: 19

farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 09:28 am
@peacecrusader888,
when you die you find out. so you can get back to us
peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 01:27 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
when you die you find out. so you can get back to us

You don't wait to find out. While you are still alive, you can know who the true God is.

You know that the true God and Satan are omnipotent and omnipresent, but only the true God is omniscient. Omniscient, that means, the true God knows everything, including what happened in the past and what will happen in the future.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 04:29 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
But of all these gods there must be only one true God and all the others are false gods.

Why do you believe this? Why must there only be "one true god"?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 05:25 am
@hightor,
Because of the voice in his head which he calls the Spirit of Ama.

I don't think it's anywhere near as dependable as the Spirit of St Louis.
peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 06:26 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Why do you believe this? Why must there only be "one true god"?

It is logical, isn't it? There is only one President which is true. All the others are false.

The one which can tell the past and foretell the future must be omniscient. Is your god omniscient?

0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 06:35 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Because of the voice in his head which he calls the Spirit of Ama.

You may listen to the spirit of Ama in http://aristean.org/transcript001.htm where 001 is from 001 to 604. Press the "AUDIO". Select where there are several participants.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:23 pm
You believe in god. Do you think that the god you believe in is the true God (John 17:3)?

How can we know true God? Simple, even without using the holy scripture of any religion. The true God must be able to prophesy.

The true God is omniscient. He knows everything, including what happened in the past and what will happen in the future.
Glennn

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:42 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
He knows everything, including what happened in the past and what will happen in the future.

But if that is true, why would it not have aborted its creation project after seeing the future and knowing that humans would cause it to become angered? Didn't the god know that its penchant for justice would consume even its mercy?
peacecrusader888

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 02:36 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
But if that is true, why would it not have aborted its creation project after seeing the future and knowing that humans would cause it to become angered? Didn't the god know that its penchant for justice would consume even its mercy?

God knows that what He created was wicked and evil continually (Genesis 6:5-7). So He destroyed man and left Noah and his family. God gave free will and He did not interfere with man. Man can do today what he wants including denial of God, but at the end, He will settle accounts with each one of us, which we call Judgment Day.

Glennn

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 08:30 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
God knows that what He created was wicked and evil continually

Yes, the god knew that it was creating a wicked and continually evil being. Why would a god willingly create a source for wickedness and evil to grow from?
Quote:
He will settle accounts with each one of us, which we call Judgment Day.

Why would the god create beings that it knew it would have to punish?
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 12:29 pm
@peacecrusader888,
One of the criteria that could be employed to find the True God is, what is his record of reliability? Is he able to foretell events far into the future and then that prophecy come true in every detail? Note an example.

One of the most remarkable prophecies regarding the downfall of the ancient world power, Babylon, involved its conqueror, King Cyrus of Persia. Nearly two centuries before Cyrus rose to power, Jehovah God mentioned him by name and foretold that he would be the one to conquer Babylon.

Pointing forward to Cyrus’ conquest, Isaiah was inspired to write: “This is what Jehovah has said to his anointed one, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue before him nations, . . . to open before him the two-leaved doors, so that even the gates will not be shut.” God also foretold that the Euphrates River would, in effect, dry up.—Isaiah 45:1-3; Jeremiah 50:38.

Greek historians Herodotus and Xenophon confirm the fulfillment of this amazing prophecy. They reveal that Cyrus diverted the Euphrates River, causing its waters to recede. Cyrus’ armies thus gained access to the city through its gates, which had been left open. As foretold, mighty Babylon fell “suddenly,” in one night.—Jeremiah 51:8.
peacecrusader888

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:46 am
@anthony1312002,
Quote:
One of the criteria that could be employed to find the True God is, what is his record of reliability? Is he able to foretell events far into the future and then that prophecy come true in every detail? Note an example.

One of the most remarkable prophecies regarding the downfall of the ancient world power, Babylon, involved its conqueror, King Cyrus of Persia. Nearly two centuries before Cyrus rose to power, Jehovah God mentioned him by name and foretold that he would be the one to conquer Babylon.

Pointing forward to Cyrus’ conquest, Isaiah was inspired to write: “This is what Jehovah has said to his anointed one, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue before him nations, . . . to open before him the two-leaved doors, so that even the gates will not be shut.” God also foretold that the Euphrates River would, in effect, dry up.—Isaiah 45:1-3; Jeremiah 50:38.

Greek historians Herodotus and Xenophon confirm the fulfillment of this amazing prophecy. They reveal that Cyrus diverted the Euphrates River, causing its waters to recede. Cyrus’ armies thus gained access to the city through its gates, which had been left open. As foretold, mighty Babylon fell “suddenly,” in one night.—Jeremiah 51:8.

To me, the prophecies of the true God is 100% reliable. I am not including others because they may be different from my perception.

For example, the true God said to Isaiah that God would become a man. He wrote in Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah lived about 700 years before Jesus.

World War III will start at Spratly Islands in the middle of the year on a Wednesday. This has not happened yet but I guess it would happen next year, on 2018-07-03, because Jesus would have been 32 solar years old, there is tension between North Korea and the US, there is tension between China and the US over Spratly Islands, the platform of the spirit of Ama died this year. I first heard this prophecy on 1986-06-13, and developed over the years.
anthony1312002

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 07:47 am
@peacecrusader888,
Jesus sited this prophecy when he quoted Psalm 37:29 at Matthew 5:5. This foretells that he was cause this earth to become a beautiful paradise. He will also be used by his Father to fulfill the prophecy recorded at Revelation 11:18, to bring an end to those who are ruining the earth.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 05:56 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
To me, the prophecies of the true God is 100% reliable. I am not including others because they may be different from my perception.

For example, the true God said to Isaiah that God would become a man. He wrote in Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah lived about 700 years before Jesus.

World War III will start at Spratly Islands in the middle of the year on a Wednesday. This has not happened yet but I guess it would happen next year, on 2018-07-03, because Jesus would have been 32 solar years old, there is tension between North Korea and the US, there is tension between China and the US over Spratly Islands, the platform of the spirit of Ama died this year. I first heard this prophecy on 1986-06-13, and developed over the years.

I checked the 2018 diaries for sale yesterday, and I found that July 3, 2018 is not a Wednesday. July 4 is and a holiday in the US. The US is vulnerable on this date. It is still a Wednesday at Spratly Islands in the evening but Wednesday , July 4 is just beginning in New York City.

I don't think the war would start before March 31, 2018, because it is not in the middle of the year. June and July are the middle months of the year 2018, and July 4 is a holiday in the US. Does it make sense? I don't know when World War III would start but I know that it will happen. It was said by the spirit of Ama.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2020 10:55 pm
izzythepush cited that two European nations have more than one President, so I'll use Prime Minister. There is one Prime Minister like there is one true God. The others are false gods.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2020 03:53 am
@peacecrusader888,
That analogy is even worse. Thailand has two prime ministers.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2020 06:50 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

izzythepush cited that two European nations have more than one President, so I'll use Prime Minister. There is one Prime Minister like there is one true God. The others are false gods.

So if something goes against your hypothesis you just change the the words around, rather than calling the experiment invalid?

Makes sense coming from someone who doesn't know how food can get into a moustache.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2020 09:59 am
I suppose the only way you'll know for sure, peacecrusader888, is after you expire. If you arrive at the Gate of Heaven you'll know you were correct. If your body slowly disintegrates into its various molecular constituents and your existence is totally forgotten in the course of a few generations we can assume you were wrong.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2020 10:07 am
@peacecrusader888,
The problem is, if you're going to get so defensive about something as unimportant as your choice of analogy you can't expect your other pronouncements to be taken seriously.

You really need to choose your battles more carefully.
0 Replies