Another year over, and what have you done?

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 07:49 pm
Hugs ((((Duke))))

Been kind of a strange year for me. Lots of ups and downs.

I have seen death and I have seen life during 2004.

I have stuggled with my own inner self. Many times not feeling like I am as good as I should be or could be.

I suffered a car accident on icy roads when the guy behind me could not get stopped and rear-ended me. This in turn caused my air bag to deploy right in my face. Being 5'2 I normally drive with the seat close to the steering wheel. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/129.gif The first time my car ever gave me a black eye. Rolling Eyes

I have gained a "restlessness" that I can't seem to squelch. I guess the hardest thing about that is..... I don't know what's causing it ...therefore I don't know how to "fix" it. Crying or Very sad

I have probably been busier this year than any other year since getting out of college. Work is more demanding. Matters of the heart seem more demanding. The bad thing about work is that I have made more money than I ever imagined making.......and it has NO meaning to me. When I was in college I was dirt poor. Determined to make it on my own. Working a job and taking extra credits to finish my degree quicker. Was not a good combo. You would think I would be more appreciative of what I have now. *shrugs shoulders* I just don't know what's wrong with me. Confused

To sum up my year.......I had many blessings. I honestly can't say I have anything to complain about 2004. Perhaps I just need to stop whinning and be more thankful.

Now.......if I could just figure out why I haven't been really happy lately. Smile

My most heartfelt wishes for the best of 2005 go out to each and every one of you http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 07:53 pm
dlowan wrote:
Thing is - it's different when you know it is temporary, isn't it?

How people cope with life-long poverty.....

You are so right, Deb. I know that the end is nigh - I should make my last payment (under court order!) to the Student Loans Company in June '05. Then, for the first time since I reached 18 and got credit (nearly 11 years), I will be completely & utterly debt-free. Not one single penny will I owe to anyone. I'm going to have a party, then get tickets to fly to America for a week for my birthday in August. No idea what to do when I get there but I'm sure it'll sort itself out!

As for life-long poverty, I think a minority of people are there because they are too stupid to know better, but many are trapped by the ease of which it is possible to get credit these days. The governments don't seem to care. I read the other day (no links I'm afraid) that the UK has 70% of Europe's unsecured (credit card) debts. Scary indeed.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:06 pm
Hugs (((Brooke)))!!!

I can see where you're coming from with the "restlessness". As I get nearer 30 and my peers buy cars, houses, get married, have kids, I constantly feel that I should be doing something constructive with my life, but have no idea what it is supposed to be. Just turning up for work every day doesn't really cure the restlessness for me.

And you still have a very nice set of smilies...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:23:02