Another year over, and what have you done?

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 05:59 am
A thread to share any important things learned, achievements, joys, special moments and triumphs (or to celebrate problems and difficulties endured with grace, or overcome, or spun into gold), in your life in 2004.

What were the best moments - and why were they so special?

What are you proudest of achieving in your life this year - little things, big things, tiny things?

What did life help you learn?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,891 • Replies: 62
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:31 am
Last Xmas I was in hospital seriously ill.......recovered and then went back to work in August. Now all I have to show for the worst days of my life, are two small scars on my neck and chest (Hickman) and a joyous disposition. I really expected this 'second chance' feeling to dissipate, but it hasn't so far......I really am happy all the time.....it's a wonderful life.

Most proud of Ms S.......finally got his degree (1st Class with Honours) from Manchester University after studying for EIGHT years part time. We are getting married (finally) on 24/03/2005 (easter weekend) y'all welcome.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:36 am
I didn't kill one single sonofabitch, many of whom richly deserved it. I am proud of my self-restraint.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:53 am
I did my second teaching certificate and gave up the day job to concentrate on teaching part time and PAINTING. NO regrets Very Happy I'm so much happier

that sounds awful Sarah - what was the problem?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:55 am
Not very exciting, but I have managed to halve my level of personal debt during 2004, and it makes me happy.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:04 am
Not for posting Vivien..........it's too 'poor me'.

But I AM fully recovered. So you can imagine it's BIG celebration in Morgan Mansion this xmas. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:05 am
In this year I have :

Said goodbye to my father in law who died Feb-5. Learned about his family and his background. Things I would have never known. With that information, next year, i am going to pass on his life to my daughter. It is all I can do to teach her about him. They would have loved each other. He was a HUGE music fan. Had tons and tons of drums, noise makers, guitars etc... Him and my daughter would have had a blast making noise all day.
So, I will do that with her as he would have done.

I have :
Given birth to a beautiful person. Jillian. 3-5
She has taught me what it means to be selfless. She has given me a reason to better myself . She is the most powerful energy I have encountered. She is wonderful. And she is a part of me. She is my gift to my husband, and his gift to me. This will be a year I wont forget .

I have:
Had a stroke. And survived. I have 90% of my functions . I am lucky. I am healthy. And I am happy.

I have :
Moved in with my mother in law to help her with her grieving. I have become a friend to a woman who I would otherwise have never been this close to. I have offered my family and myself in hopes to help HER through her heart ache.

I have:
Re-strengthened my relationship with my aunt. Someone i never really took the time to know before, is now closer to me then ever before. She has alot of good life experience I have drawn on for strength, love, and a good laugh.

I have:
re connected with my bestfriend. Though we live 800miles apart, I love her dearly and talk to her daily. Maybe in the next year, we can travel to see each other again.

I have:
yet again... spent the year with the most wonderful person in the world.
My husband.

I have done alot this year.. and I will continue to do so in the coming years of my life.

I wish for everyone, that they are able to be happy, fullfilled and content with thier lives in the next year and those to come.
:-)
Blessed Be
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:09 am
....thinking....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:01 am
I've grown some more grey hair and accumulated some more wisdom and lost some weight and gained some perspective.

2005, here I come!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:03 am
Finally graduated from university. Got a new job. Didn't strangle my mother.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:06 am
2004 was one of the shittiest years in recent memory for the Bear family and me personally, in my perspective...I can't speak for squinney.....but a shitty year with my beloved wife and cubs beats a wealthy life of luxury without them...therefore I am blessed and content...and the greatest source of that contentment lies next to me at night, soft, warm and familiar.....regardless of anything life throws my way, I am the luckiest of Bears.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 12:27 pm
Met old friends and made new friends. Tried to help friends get through difficult times in their lives. Travelled. Worked and had fun working. Met interesting people and heard interesting stories.

Lost a very lovely, loveable person who passed away in summer.

Got a brand new niece in Sweden.

Enjoyed another year with BigDice.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:26 pm
Wow - lovely stuff to read folks!

I will respond properly later!!!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:02 pm
What have i done this year? This year has gone by so fast that it is almost hard to remember the things that happened.

I have:
finished a tour for my country, which filled me with great pride. Even though it wasn't over seas.

I have:
Reconnected with friends who mean a lot to me.

I have:

Met someone who means great deal to me and hope the relationship continues.

I have:
Become closer to my father and mother.

I have:
Gotten closer to God, a thing that has been a long time coming.

I have:
Joined A2K, a place that has a bunch of swell people who are awfully nice and caring.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:22 pm
Awwwww - schnifff
!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:24 pm
oh and not to mention cute and fluffy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:25 pm
You talkin' about me, seed?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:30 pm
its that beard of yours... just wanna cuddle up close to it Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:40 pm
I rewired my boat to take on the mostr beautifulest Bose sound system ever. Its a sound system that will allow us to listen to symphonies while underway with the diesels on.
I then had to have some guys come in and rewire the whole thing cause I screwed it up badly. I learned the value of trades well executed.

Built a very nice corner cupboard and detailed it with a mustard paint that had one of my anttiques expertt friends give me a compliment on tthe minimal distressing.

I decided to sell my Cougars so that I can get over my mid life crisis and gently slide into geezerhood.

I learned how to run Rockworks, a very nifty program with neat charts and color contouring and aall kind of nifty presentation features that make it appear, visually, that I know what Im talking about.

I too exercised great restraint on some students who engaged in some very dangerous and childish behavior while on a field camp exercise. I merely recalled that I would have found their pranks exceedingly cool when I was their ages.

I heelped in the election to get out the vote for my presidential candidate. Unfortunately , in the overall tally, my candidate was less successful than his opponent.

I didn not eat any fried twinkies in 2004
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:47 pm
Farmerman wrote:

I didn not eat any fried twinkies in 2004

Good for you, Farmerman! I didn't either. And -- I almost forgot -- I did not run in the Boston Marathon this year. Nor last year, come to that, nor the year before. In fact, so far I've been very successful in avoiding the temptation to run in any marathon.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Another year over, and what have you done?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:15:10