Christians - Jesus crucified. Muslims not crucified.

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:02 am
Christians believe that Jesus was crucified. Muslims don't. Who do you think is correct? Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, in their gospels, narrated the events leading to, and the crucifixion of Jesus.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,955 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Ponderer

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:22 am
@peacecrusader888,
Christians believe.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:33 am
Without evidence it happened or that he even existed, it's a crap shoot to guess.
peacecrusader888

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:07 pm
@Ponderer,
Quote:
Christians believe.

Who do you think is more believable--the Christian Bible or the Muslims' Qur-
an?
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Without evidence it happened or that he even existed, it's a crap shoot to guess.

There were four of them who wrote about Jesus. How many witnesses do you need to prove that Jesus existed? Even a persecutor by the name Saul of Tarsus became a believer and a champion.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:20 pm
@peacecrusader888,
No person wrote an eyewitness account. Nobody in a Jesus's lifetime mentioned such a person.
Ponderer

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:49 pm
Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier his part; and also his coat; now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.
They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be; that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.
peacecrusader888

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
No person wrote an eyewitness account. Nobody in a Jesus's lifetime mentioned such a person.

Good. You therefore acknowledge that it is not the gospel writers who wrote the gospels. According to the spirit of Ama, the children of the disciple pieced together the notes of their parents and made the story. I think that if it is the word of Jesus, then it is correct. Otherwise, we may or may not believe what is written. I use the red-letter edition of the King James Version of the Holy Bible, the version that Ama recommends that we read.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:52 pm
@Ponderer,
Those words were written later, not by an eye witness.
Ponderer

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
A fools lips entereth into contention.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:03 pm
@Ponderer,
You certainly just entered.
Ponderer

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Think again.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 02:55 am
@edgarblythe,
You're right, there's no hard evidence that Jesus even existed as a person. And if he did exist he was hardly original. The sacrificial god is a theme that runs through Paganism, Marduk, Osiris and Wotan all were sacrificed and then rose again. Accepting the Bible as gospel, (pun intended,) is a bit like watching the Bugs Bunny Goldilocks cartoon and stating that although all the other Goldilocks versions are fairy tales the one with Bugs really happened.

The one true Goldilocks.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 10:40 am
@izzythepush,
Of course you know this means war.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:51 am
@edgarblythe,
If you want to claim another Goldilocks, go ahead.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 12:11 pm
Wasn't there a Tex Avery Goldilocks?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 12:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't like to talk about that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 12:16 pm
I checked. It's UB Iwerks
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 10:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're right, there's no hard evidence that Jesus even existed as a person. And if he did exist he was hardly original. The sacrificial god is a theme that runs through Paganism, Marduk, Osiris and Wotan all were sacrificed and then rose again. Accepting the Bible as gospel, (pun intended,) is a bit like watching the Bugs Bunny Goldilocks cartoon and stating that although all the other Goldilocks versions are fairy tales the one with Bugs really happened.

You do not believe that He ever existed. According to the spirit of Ama, He existed. I believe Him.

He said that "There is no right religion. Do you know, children, which is right? Recognize Jesus Christ and believe that He is true God and true man." That means that He existed because He said that He is true man.

If it was said by the same true God, do you think He will change His mind and say that Jesus Christ was not crucified?

peacecrusader888

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:24 pm
I do not know how many witnesses the Muslims need to believe that an event really happened. How could they not believe that it was Jesus who was crucified when He was presented in front of the people before Pontius Pilate, walked the narrow street of Jerusalem carrying the cross to the crucifixion site at Golgotha or the "Place of the Skull (Matthew 27:33, Mark 15:22, Luke 23:33, John 19:17), nailed on the cross for several hours before the people with a sign identifying Him. His mother Mary and several of His disciples were present.

Jesus existed some 2000 years ago; Muhammad, about 1400 years ago. All of us did not meet the prophets we believe in. So we are on the same playing field. Who do you think is more believable?

If you were to worship a god, be sure that He is the true God.
0 Replies