Puffikly serious

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 02:43 pm
Now guys I'm perfectly serious, and Mgmt, please don't delete this'n, I'm not tryin' to be difficult, I know I'm somehow a real pest, but I just never know......

So, out of some 100,000 potential a2k parti'p's, does anyone else know of a Chat-Room website as lib as this'n' usta be. I'd need a link

If it leans to sci, ed, journ, philo, etc, I'd like it

Thanks all

Edited w/ thanks to Cen for
https://able2know.org/topic/404857-1#post-6480131

...who rightly id's us as a 'Web Forum'

Sturgis

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 03:43 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Edited w/thanks to Cen...

No, dale, that was not Centrox. Your link brings us to a post from myself informing you of this site's status. Centrox doesn't even make an appearance in that thread.

Quote:
...does anyone know of a Chat-Room website...

There have been a few over the years. I spent a long while over at Deathlist. Interesting site where members post about newly dead or those expected to be dead soon. They have a fresh class of 50 hopeful possibilities starting each January 1. So far this year they've gotten 10 hits!
dalehileman

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 04:47 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Centrox doesn't even make an appearance
Stur my most profound apolos

Quote:
over at Deathlist
Thanks for that sugg Stur but death isn't something this ancient fella with head probs wants to contemplate
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:35 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote Sturgis:
Quote:
I spent a long while over at Deathlist. Interesting site where members post about newly dead or those expected to be dead soon. They have a fresh class of 50 hopeful possibilities starting each January 1. So far this year they've gotten 10 hits!

When you say they've had "10 hits", you make it sound like the message board members are making their death predictions come true by taking matters into their own hands.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 09:36 am
@Blickers,
If only it were that easy.

No, death pools and dead pools are just a bunch of guesses. Some of the guesswork involves listing those who are known to be in declining health or up in years. Other choices include dictators, not well-liked politicians and known drug or alcohol abusers of the celebrity world.

Apparently this sort of thing is very popular as there are several websites devoted to this sort of thing. Interaction with board members at these places ranges from pleasant to downright vicious - same as many places on the net.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:19 am
@Sturgis,
Given the condition of the world today, on the verge of nuclear war if not environmental destruction, death is on our minds isn't it
0 Replies

IndigoRay

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 01:32 pm
@dalehileman,
I spend a lot of my time at a similar site called Fluther (fluther.com). I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for but I figured I'd suggest it.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 01:59 pm
@IndigoRay,
Thank you Ray !! but can you send me a link
If not I'll 'stand; it's 'cuz I'm lazy
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 02:11 pm
@dalehileman,
Speaking of not only a lazy person, but rude, Dale can probably manage to google Fluther.com.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 06:13 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
but rude
Rilly Osso ?

Quote:
can probably manage
Probly

Well Oss, jus' likcha said, it was really easy. They must need mem's
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 10:25 am
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Fluther.com
So Oss, went there and signed up. However it seems sooo much more complicated than a2k; I don't even know now how to go back there

Just sorta kiddin' Osso, and thanks again; sorta
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2017 09:43 am
@ossobucotemp,
Okay Osso but at 86 I'll nevr 'mem' 'Fluther,' [?] so I was hopin' f'instance it might suddenly appear in Top Sites; but it didn't. So just offa the toppa your head, how does one establish such a link

Thanks again
Sturgis

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2017 12:33 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
...establish such a link

Just bookmark it.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2017 04:45 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Just bookmark it.
Stur thanks and I'm sure ur right, but how does one do that w/o spendin'n afternoon Googlin'
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2017 04:48 pm
@dalehileman,
I am not a member of that site, so I have no idea.
I might enjoy it.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2017 07:16 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I am not a member of that site,
Oss you don'hafta bre, it's there for just anybody

Quote:
so I have no idea.
You have lots' c\v'm

Quote:
I might enjoy it.
It's a form of hard work; but I must say everybody oughta learn how, it's positively 'maz'n' !!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Puffikly serious
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:02:38