searching for beginging of poem or quote

D-beck

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:36 pm
I am looking for the beginning of what I think is a poem or quote. It was refereed in a movie, named "At the Heart of it" The quote is "Through out all eternity, I forgive you, you forgive me" The authors last name is Blake. If anyone has any if any information about this that would be great.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,414 • Replies: 4
No top replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:41 pm
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:44 pm
Jeez, how dreadful.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:59 pm
It sounds like it might be from William Blake's (1757-1827) epic poem Jerusalem. I can't seem to find the exact quote right off, though. The closest I come is the opening lines of Plate 91 (he calls the separate cantos ' plates' because he illustrated the book himself):

It is easier to forgive an Enemy than to forgive a Friend;
The man who permits you to injure him, deserves your vengeance.

Not quite what you're looking for, D-beck, but perhaps a start.
0 Replies

redqueenkym

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 06:18 pm
Re: searching for beginging of poem or quote
D-beck wrote:
I am looking for the beginning of what I think is a poem or quote. It was refereed in a movie, named "At the Heart of it" The quote is "Through out all eternity, I forgive you, you forgive me" The authors last name is Blake. If anyone has any if any information about this that would be great.
I finally found it. You and I were looking for the same information. I was just watching " The heart of me " I have seen it about 10 times and the forbidden couple is in the park reading from a book pf poetry by William Blake. They refer to this poem as " An unwedding gift" throughout the movie. For months that was what I was using for search criteria. The alst response to your post answered both our questions. Broken Love, not An unwedding gift. I wonder if the name of this work had been changed over the years?
0 Replies