@edgarblythe,
Amen
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 08:15 pm
@Foofie,
Quote Foofie:
Quote:
The early bird gets the worm, which is why the largest land owners are Protestant, and the interlocking boards of directors are heavily WASPa, with some Catholics as, in my opinion, thrown in as "tokens."

"The early bird gets the worm is a lighthearted story for children, we are dealing with human lives here. You are ignoring America's role as a goal for strivers and the freedom loving. The fact that it was a Jewish woman who wrote "Send me your tired your poor" and you are Jewish does not mean the inscription on the Statue of Liberty agrees with your viewpoint. Instead, it clearly endorses the opposite viewpoint.

Quote:
My point is that you may have your opinion of allowing anyone wanting a better life to come to the U.S.; however, it is against the law. This topic has nothing to do with one's maturity, but whether one is going to abide by the law,

Apparently you do not even know what the Dreamer controversy is about-until a few days ago, they WERE legal by executive order. Now the current president did away with that order, effective in six months, unless Congress restores it. You act like these kids were illegal and we are trying to make them legal-the opposite is true.
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:21 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Coming here in the latter half of the 19th century, . . .]

Rod Serling's grandparents on both sides of his family were among the Russian Jews who immigrated to this country in the latter half of the 19th century.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 01:47 pm
@Blickers,
They were illegal until an executive order allowed them to stay. It's controversial. I am not interested in your empathic perspective. I have nothing against Mexicans. I would just like to see the country codify a solution to the problem of illegal immigrants entering the U.S.

I'd acually prefer a tsunami of Asian immigrants that get legal citizenship, since I believe they will contribute more to the strength of the U.S. in coming decades than the European type that would rather smoke and drink coffee in cafes. They also have not yet been infected with the European anti-Semitism that resulted in the Holocaust, and exists in the U.S. in a less virilent form of Judeophobia (aka, alienation amongst the marginally educated masses).

Have a Merry Christmas (in response to your pointing out my Jewishness is relevant to Emma Lazarus' poem).
Foofie

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 02:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

...let's round up the ones first that want to kick out Mexicans.

Sounds like a line from an old west movie.

However, since this debate evolved from the President's campaign promise, to those that voted for him, perhaps, you should realize that many that voted for him were the proverbial early birds that have seen their country being taken over by the bleeding heart liberals that were the prototype of today's progressives, in my opinion. Notice how when many bleeding heart liberals in the '60's were stereotyped as Jewish, many thought they would bring the country down. Today, with nice Catholic kids, educated and middle-class, concerned about the illegal immigrants, people are less likely to throw innuendos.

Do you not see anything strange about who is concerned about the poor illegal Mexicans? (The inference is that the "pro" and "anti" illegal immigrants folk seem to cluster around religious affiliation, in my opinion).

0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 09:47 pm
@Foofie,
Quote Foofie:
Quote:
They were illegal until an executive order allowed them to stay.

So you admit that the Dreamers were legal until Trump changed their status to illegal, effective in six months.

Quote Foofie:
Quote:
They [Asians] also have not yet been infected with the European anti-Semitism that resulted in the Holocaust, and exists in the U.S. in a less virilent form of Judeophobia

The Judeophobia which runs through Trump's base. "The New World Order the Trump-loving Far Right is talking about is nothing more than Hitler's "blame-the-jews" program with a different label. By now you must have seen "alt-right" leader David Spencer's audience giving him the Heil Hitler sign of approval during his speech.

Quote Foofie:
Quote:
Have a Merry Christmas (in response to your pointing out my Jewishness is relevant to Emma Lazarus' poem).

I didn't even know Emily Lazarus, author of the "Send me your tired, your poor" poem inscribed on the Statue of Liberty, was Jewish until you told me in this thread. You were trying to make a point with that, although I don't know what it was. Now you are complaining that everyone is bringing up your religion, when you were the one who first introduced the subject.

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 03:29 pm
@Blickers,
I don't have a dog in this hunt. You should discuss it with others, perhaps.

By the way, the mistake that you and some others seem to often make, in my opinion, is that if one is hated by someone, that should make them hate them back. Alt Right folk do not affect me, regardless of their dislike of me. I believe this country, as a WASP country, values my presence more than some other demographics. Perhaps, a reverse positive stereotype where it is believed that my gene pool might more likely give us the next scientist/doctor that cures some disease (a la polio by Drs. Salk and Sabin).
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 03:50 pm
@Foofie,
Oh, now it's time for, cripes, the WASP country. I almost worked at Salk Institute, but went back to LA instead. I suppose they could have benefited from my genes... or at least my blue jeans, except I used to be catholic. Too bad.

You are such a pimple.
Blickers

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 08:47 pm
@Foofie,
Quote Foofie:
Quote:
By the way, the mistake that you and some others seem to often make, in my opinion, is that if one is hated by someone, that should make them hate them back. Alt Right folk do not affect me, regardless of their dislike of me.

I'm sorry, I do not believe that as a Jewish person you do not get upset at seeing the President kowtow to leaders whose followers use the Heil sign as a signal of great approval.

Quote Foofie:
Quote:
I believe this country, as a WASP country, values my presence more than some other demographics. Perhaps, a reverse positive stereotype where it is believed that my gene pool might more likely give us the next scientist/doctor that cures some disease (a la polio by Drs. Salk and Sabin).

Now you're talking like the same people who think Hitler was a great guy. If you travel to some far right websites and read what they say about Jews, they most certainly don't talk about how a Jew has greater chance of curing disease than other groups. If they mention disease at all, it would be them wishing that Jews would all catch one and die at once.

snood

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 09:13 pm
@Blickers,
I'm shaking my head. This piece of work is openly spewing white supremacist jargon. As a WASP, this country values him more than some demographics? WTF?
Blickers

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 10:00 pm
@snood,
Even more surprisingly, Foofie is a Jewish woman. And she is adopting the white supremacist/neo-Nazi thinking of a person's capabilities as being determined by their ethnic make up. The very same people who tried to commit genocide against her own group, and their modern day supporters.
Foofie

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 02:16 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Oh, now it's time for, cripes, the WASP country. I almost worked at Salk Institute, but went back to LA instead. I suppose they could have benefited from my genes... or at least my blue jeans, except I used to be catholic. Too bad.

You are such a pimple.

One can never officially leave the Catholic Church. You can join another denomination, but one cannot leave like one is changing one's cell phone provider.
Foofie

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 02:22 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I'm shaking my head. This piece of work is openly spewing white supremacist jargon. As a WASP, this country values him more than some demographics? WTF?

Not white supremacist jargon. Just saying that, whether anyone likes it or not, they were the early birds, and got the land, and the positions on interlocking directorates. See me in two hundred years to see if the WASPs have been relegated to some other position in U.S. society. It is not racist to toot one's own horn, or admit someone else has the right to toot his/her horn. This in no way reflects racism, since this country is not a Communist classless society. We have classes, and the top social/economic classes are those that arrived before 1850, and are WASPs. The inequities for Blacks is that they were here before 1850 and were disenfranchised. That is not my fault. Blame those, now dead, who did the disenfranchising. Having spent time in the military, you know that rank has its privileges, and society does reflect who was the early bird that was allowed to participate. Let's not try to deny history, and its consequences.

And you are twisting what I said. I said my GENE POOL is valued more than some other demographics, since the reality is that that gene pool is valued by those WASPs that believe, rightly or wrongly, that that gene pool is crammed with innovators in science, medicine, and runs on a very industrious culture. I'm not feeling superior, but some WASPs just think that that gene pool is a better bet for the country's prosperity and strength than some other demographics. Your desire for equality in a country that historically reflected inequality does not exactly reflect historical or present day reality, in my opinion.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 02:40 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Even more surprisingly, Foofie is a Jewish woman. And she is adopting the white supremacist/neo-Nazi thinking of a person's capabilities as being determined by their ethnic make up. The very same people who tried to commit genocide against her own group, and their modern day supporters.

You are making false assumptions. Ethnicity is based on gene pools. And, the Jewish gene pool is small, compared to the non-Jewish gene pool of different nationalities. The Jewish culture emphasized marrying a smart spouse, not a demure, attractive, or strong spouse. It was a form of animal husbandry, plus epigenetics, since something happens to a brain that has generations of literacy. So Jews have been literate for a few thousand years, and white Protestants for 500 years. Both oddly have similar average IQ's. Yes, the Bell Curve has a point.

See me in a few hundred years to see if the illiterate masses, in developing countries, that are first being educated, can match the intellect of western nations.

Your bringing in Nazis is just so much debating fog, in my opinion.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 06:43 pm
@Foofie,
Who told you that, mm?

Was that Miller?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 09:00 pm
@Foofie,
Quote Foofie:
Quote:
See me in a few hundred years to see if the illiterate masses, in developing countries, that are first being educated, can match the intellect of western nations.

And yet the US, composed of the rejects of Western society, has virtually invented the modern world. Except for the telephone, which was invented by Alexander Graham Bell while he worked at Boston University and had a home located 25 miles over the Canadian border.

By your "heredity is destiny" philosophy, we should all be schlepping around in the mud while the aristocratic Europeans led the world into the 21st century. While Europe is a very important and advanced place, the US took over world leadership in the 20th century, which runs contrary to your ideas.

And while you're at it, how do you explain South Korea? When I grew up everyone thought of Korea as this poor country where most people live in grass huts. Then in the seventies we started seeing cars from them, which surprised me. Then in the eighties we started seeing electronic equipment. Now the place is part of the G20, it's an industrial and electronic giant and an economic powerhouse. Guess what-evolution doesn't work that fast. The great grandparents of Koreans living in those grass huts were just as smart as the intelligent, dynamic Koreans today. Which pretty much blows your whole "Heredity is destiny" theory to blazes.

Quote Foofie:
Quote:

"Heridity is Destiny" is central to the Nazi philosophy.
Foofie

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 01:41 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote Foofie:
Quote:

"Heridity is Destiny" is central to the Nazi philosophy.

You are finding an excuse to associate my thinking with Nazis.

Let's not discuss anything. We have totally different world views, and you only seem to see me as a Jewish person, in my opinion. I'm cutting down on my non-Jewish calories, so to speak. Too many are locked in to a world view that they internalized and have no desire to understand why someone thinks the way they do. Just denigrate their thinking, by making pejorative associations and innuendos.

Do you also see how you have not revealed anything about youself, your present, or past. That tells me you do not want an even playing field in discussions, since I do not know your age, your education level, nothing, nada.

Now I will wish you a Happy Yom Kippur, and may you have an easy fast, and may you be put into the book of life for another year. Now that didn't hurt so much. Did it?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 01:01 pm
Now that it is clear that Chief Justice Roberts will be writing the majority opinion in the DACA case, maybe there is still time for the Democrats to trade DACA reform for funding for Mr. Trump's wall.
0 Replies