Slovakia What is it? (Where to go,what to do)

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 08:41 am
Have got questions about this country in the heart of The Europe? just ask Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 987 • Replies: 9
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 10:20 am
Hello Jackal! We have a Slovak here by the name of dagmaraka - she's from Bratislava, but living here in the states.
0 Replies

jackal69

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 01:30 pm
littlek wrote:
Hello Jackal! We have a Slovak here by the name of dagmaraka - she's from Bratislava, but living here in the states.

hmm thats nice..Smile
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 07:48 pm
I went through slovakia 5 years ago and it was very very poor. It might have improved since then though. The difference between czech republic and slovakia is huge, i couldn't believe it.

Nice countryside though
0 Replies

jackal69

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:11 am
australia wrote:
I went through slovakia 5 years ago and it was very very poor. It might have improved since then though. The difference between czech republic and slovakia is huge, i couldn't believe it.

Nice countryside though

You know everything is based in the thinking of the people...Yes you're right that Czech Republic,was everytim,since our common state better then we are,but why? There are lot of reasons,but the main are:
1. Czech has got another thinking,like Slovak has,they hold together more then we are,but what is the main difference: Slovak is very envy to another Slovak and that's very deep-rooted in us...and thats the main problem....
2. They were,are closer to the "West"(it means Germany,France,Spain etc.) and the West know better them,than us,but since that time,how we have entered in Europe Union and won the World Championship in ie hockey,since this time,they allready at least know,that,something like Slovak Republic,exists... But now i can say,that we are after all heading forward and improving our economy,culture,industry etc.

Yes country side is beautiful,but if we don't change our nature and our industry,we will lose even it...
0 Replies

andromedasplayboy

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 12:11 pm
i'm here in slovakia now for the first time in my life. it's a nice place. it's pretty poor but the people are nice. and depending on where you go, the beer and food are really good.
0 Replies

atrida02

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:10 am
I was there in december for a short business trip. Its still very poor. I was in the Aupark shopping mall and even before xmas u could see that there wasn't much spending.

But the people are really friendly and everything. In the city-center they have great bars and very good restaurants and it's cheap. And in the city-center it's very save too, cuz they have mounted cameras at every street.

I guess it's worth a trip and I guess it's getting better, u can see construction working everywhere. And it got allot better in the last years, seems more beautiful like before 4 years.
0 Replies

masivo

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 05:13 pm
Come to Poland man ! Thats the hearth of Europe!
Welcome ! and i'ts near Slovakia ( boarder to boarder)
0 Replies

Karotte

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 03:56 pm
i like bratislava - i think that's a very nice city. i've been there last autumn and it was great there. Razz
i would like to see kosice...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 04:05 pm
Hi all,
a2k resident Slovak signing in. Bratislava will always be my most favorite city in the world, although I adopted Boston for my foster hometown. Slovakia is among the poorest countries in the Union, but then again, it is doing very well compared to the most countries in the world. All depends on comparative framework. Musn't grumble.
0 Replies