Vaccination without consent

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 09:19 am
@Glennn,
The term "consent" here is being used a little loosely. Getting vaccinated is a part of living in a modern civilized society. If you are going to live with us, we ask that you wear clothes, that you don't defecate in public, and that you get vaccinated. No one is kidnapping people to inject them. It is reasonable to insist that if you are sending your children to go to the school with the rest of our children, they should be vaccinated.

That is the price you pay for living in civilization.
Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 09:34 am
@maxdancona,
If you can prove that vaccines are effective, I might agree. But as it is, I don't need them.
alphabeta

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 09:42 am
@maxdancona,
Should Bill Gates be vaccinated?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 09:44 am
@Glennn,
It is just as impossible to prove that vaccines are effective as it is to prove that humans came about as the result of a process of evolution. The evidence is there, I still can't make you drink.
Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 09:47 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
It is just as impossible to prove that vaccines are effective . . .

Yes, that's what I just said.
Quote:
The evidence is there

Now you've contradicted yourself.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 10:13 am
@Glennn,
Just the same as evolution Glenn. You either accept the science, or you don't. There is nothing that any of us can do about it.
Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 10:22 am
@maxdancona,
Perhaps if you'd present the science you accept which shows the effectiveness of vaccines, it would be believable.

I'll be back later.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 10:43 am
@Glennn,
You can google it yourself Glennn, it doesn't matter. You people are all the same.

You will ignore the overwhelming evidence from DNA transfer, to fossil record to the reproduction of evolution in the lab, and instead focus on a few studies from "professors" you find on the internet to talk about gaps in the fossil record, or the complexity of the eye.

You can simply look at the evidence from the scientific community that is actually using the science to produce good results... rather than focusing on a fringe that you found in the internet that support your political point of view.

It is the same with vaccination. It is pretty clear, modern science goes into a country and institutes a program of vaccination, and the rate of disease goes way down. When political or religious extremists stop vaccination programs, the rate of disease goes up.

I don't know what more you people want. If you have already made up your mind to reject the science that is easily accessible to you if you wanted it, there is nothing I can say here to get you to accept modern science.

Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 11:04 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:

You can simply look at the evidence from the scientific community that is actually using the science to produce good results... rather than focusing on a fringe that you found in the internet that support your political point of view.

You're having a kneejerk reaction to the topic. All I've asked you to do is to provide the science behind the idea that vaccines are effective. You might start with a study that shows a comparison between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.
centrox

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 12:46 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
All I've asked you to do is to provide the science behind the idea that vaccines are effective. You might start with a study that shows a comparison between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

Hey man! You're right! Those elite pointy-headed scientists sure do talk a lot of bullshit. Why, we had ten people die of smallpox, polio and diphtheria in our street last week.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 12:55 pm
@Glennn,
https://medium.com/@visualvaccines/graphic-proof-that-vaccines-work-with-sources-61c199429c8c
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 12:59 pm
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*r54fbVo0iUEJ5zAN4ku6EA.png
centrox

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 01:00 pm
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*5Zv5gz2grpWK54HAnqN-DQ.png
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 01:15 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

Glennn wrote:
All I've asked you to do is to provide the science behind the idea that vaccines are effective. You might start with a study that shows a comparison between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

Hey man! You're right! Those elite pointy-headed scientists sure do talk a lot of bullshit. Why, we had ten people die of smallpox, polio and diphtheria in our street last week.

Those elite pointy-headed scientists and their employers gave us thalidomide, asbestos, the atom, and hydrogen bombs, DES, Baycol, cloning, Marcaine, the Tuskegee Syphilis experiments, heroine, Nazi Gas Chambers, DNA fiddling, etc, etc, etc, and they may eventually bestow Captain Tripps upon us.

Overall, they have given us far more good than bad (unless the next gift wipes us out as a species), but there is nothing wrong with being skeptical about the certainty or motivations of elite pointy-headed scientists .

They're not demi-gods you know. I have one in my family and she can be as big a jerk as any of the rest of us.

If you really want to convince a skeptic, proof works better than snide comments. EDIT: I now see you did and so retract this comment.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 02:06 pm
It is funny how many people who are anti-science still use the internet.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 02:11 pm
@maxdancona,
What does anti-science mean?
Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 02:14 pm
@maxdancona,
Did you find a study that compares the vaccinated with the unvaccinated?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 02:26 pm
@centrox,
https://childhealthsafety.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/0707275measleslog.jpg?w=768
What do you attribute the steady decline before 1963 to?
Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 03:15 pm
http://www.vaclib.org/sites/debate/images/measles.gif
[SOURCE: Data – Official Year Books of the Commonwealth of Australia,
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 03:16 pm
http://healthimpactnews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/01/us-measles-1024x637.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:12:26