Vacation help, please

Combi

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:09 am
So, this is the situation. For the next week some friends and I have been invited to a school friend's holiday home. Normally it would be great, who doesn't love a free holiday! But there's a problem: I'm gay and telling them is OUT OF QUESTION. And I know we're going to go clubbing and some of my friends (most of them, likely) are going to have sex or at least make out with random women, and I want to avoid it (especially because they lean too much towards the no-homo side of things). I mean, seems reasonable, right? Just I'd rather not straight up lie (e.g. "I have a girlfriend who lives in canada with big boobs and absolutely 0 penises) and I want to avoid the pressure of being pushed to do stuff. How should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 446 • Replies: 12

centrox

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:25 am
Combi wrote:
I'm gay and telling them is OUT OF QUESTION.

These are "friends", you say? Don't go on this holiday. Invent an excuse. They are away shagging girls, you have fun cruising.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:29 am
@Combi,
Don't drink with them. Be the designated driver or claim you're watching carbs or whatever. They'll drink. They won't notice.
centrox

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:32 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Don't drink with them.

I got the impression that wasn't what he was worried about.
jespah

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:52 am
@centrox,
I know he's not. But if they drink, they are going to be so busy with that, they won't notice. And if he stays sober, he won't accidentally spill the beans about his sexuality.
centrox

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:56 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
But if they drink, they are going to be so busy with that, they won't notice. And if he stays sober, he won't accidentally spill the beans about his sexuality.

OK, good point. I'd rather not spend a holiday, which is supposed to be fun, with a bunch of people from whom I have to hide the truth about myself, and be on my guard. I'd be worried that they would get ideas about "fixing him up" with a girl.

jespah

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 12:53 pm
@centrox,
Agreed; I'm just trying to work within his parameters.

Ideally, he would come out and tell anyone who didn't like it to **** off.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 02:00 pm
So you are being "pressured" to go clubbing and have random sex? (Never mind if it's heter or gay)

I' d drop out, too. Penis measuring is not a lot of guys idea of having fun. Don't feel you have to do ANYTHING at the clubs.
emmett grogan

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 02:01 pm
@Combi,
Whats the problem? Most of your friends know or suspect. They're your friends. Enjoy yourself and if you feel insecure sleep out if you hook up.
Combi

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 02:58 pm
@centrox,
Yeah, that's not really it: I actually have a good time when they're around, my concerns are more about the nights out. But you made a fair point with them fixing me up, mostly because they might think I am just shy with girls.
0 Replies

Combi

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 03:05 pm
@emmett grogan,
Eh, I don't think so. It's not that they despise gays, on the conrary if they just found out they might even try not to make a big deal out of it, but they don't like the idea on a gut level ad it would just **** things up
emmett grogan

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 03:20 pm
@Combi,
Like I said, if you want to be discreet, sleep away and have a good time.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 04:47 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
Penis measuring is not a lot of guys idea of having fun.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it!
0 Replies