Can I plant a tea tree in my house

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2017 09:53 pm
As we all know, tea tree had better be plant in mountains for the acidic soil. Is there any condition that helps me plant tea tree as a potted plant.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,267 • Replies: 6
No top replies

seac

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 02:33 pm
@Sarararah,
Just get a tea seedling or cutting and plant it. It will either grow or die in your soil. I place a clear plastic bag around my tea plants like a mini greenhouse (55 gallon size trash liner) and they grow well. Remove the plastic when they are about 2 feet high. I use a 20 gallon whiskey barrel container, the plastic ones from Home Depot.
Sarararah

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 07:36 pm
@seac,
Wow, sounds great. I will get some seeds and try this later.
seac

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 11:13 pm
@Sarararah,
No, don't plant tea from seeds. Start with young growing plants. They are usually grown from cuttings from mature plants and assure you of the same quality tea leaves. The mini greenhouse technique of starting plants can be used for just about any other plants. Works wonders for tomato. Growth is accelerated compared to planting out in the open garden.
roger

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 12:16 am
@seac,
That sounds right, but are you both talking about the same plant? She says 'tea tree' and you say 'tea'.
0 Replies

sunshine793

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 09:23 pm
@Sarararah,
Sounds great! I have seen some people plant tea tree in their gardens, but not in a pot. May be you can try it.
0 Replies

Peterbor

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 03:24 am
It's a good idea but difficult.
0 Replies