Perfect Comeuppance/Deadbeat Dad's Wedding Gifts Confiscated

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 06:27 am
Quote:
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - An Israeli man who refused to provide child support to his ex-wife for nearly eight years finally had to start paying up when he remarried and police raided the reception to seize wedding gifts.

The 40-year-old man had managed to avoid payments since 1997 by frequently changing address to escape the clutches of the law, Israel's Maariv daily reported Friday.

With 198,000 shekels ($45,530) owed to her, his ex-wife finally tracked him down when a relative passed on a copy of a wedding invitation for his second marriage this week.

Police and bailiffs allowed the newlyweds to celebrate before confronting the groom and confiscating the wedding hall's safe in which guests had deposited cash and checks, a tradition for Israeli nuptials.

Police decided not to arrest the stunned groom, but that was of little consolation to his distraught bride, who fainted as her wedding turned into a nightmare.

Link to Article

Well, this just illustrates, "What goes around comes around". Sometimes justice is meted out in the most unusual ways. I thought that this story was a prime example of "the perfect comeuppance". Do you have any stories where someone was hoisted on his own petard?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 859 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 02:43 pm
Whata great story, Phoenix! Hooray for the children! Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 03:07 pm
I think I may have told this story before, but it is a good story with a cheerful moral.

When I was a child the elementary school principal had an unnatural fondness for little girls. I was never pawed, but my sister and some of her friends were encouraged to jump off the elevated stage in the auditorium and the principle would manage to caress their crotches.

Since these were verbal little upper middle class girls the principal's disgusting hobby was hauled halfway out of the closet. We're talking the late '40's and early '50's. No formal action was taken but the news was all over the PTA grapevine and everyone was watching for a relapse.

Several summers later Ol' Fingerin' Sam was cutting his grass with a power mower. Rather than shut the machine off while he dislodged a blockage, he reached in and lost four fingers of his right hand.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 04:04 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I think I may have told this story before, but it is a good story with a cheerful moral.

When I was a child the elementary school principal had an unnatural fondness for little girls. I was never pawed, but my sister and some of her friends were encouraged to jump off the elevated stage in the auditorium and the principle would manage to caress their crotches.

Since these were verbal little upper middle class girls the principal's disgusting hobby was hauled halfway out of the closet. We're talking the late '40's and early '50's. No formal action was taken but the news was all over the PTA grapevine and everyone was watching for a relapse.

Several summers later Ol' Fingerin' Sam was cutting his grass with a power mower. Rather than shut the machine off while he dislodged a blockage, he reached in and lost four fingers of his right hand.

What goes around comes around. I am always pleased to see karma completed in one's lifetime. What a lovely, unmitigated warning for the then "Fingerless Sam". Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:51 pm
When I was younger I volunteered at a retirement/convalescence home a few hours a week.
One day, a new resident was brought in by his wife who
claimed to no longer being able to care for him. He
seemed somewhat disoriented, but otherwise in good health.
I don't remember his age but he was passed 80 years old
and his wife around 40 years old.

First she came every other day to visit, then once a week,
then once a month and then she rather called to check on him
and did not visit at all.

When he was in his early 70s, he had left his wife of 40 years who he had 3 kids with, only to marry this young woman
a few months later. Of course he was quite affluent, even
after the split of community property. He truly thought this
woman was his great love and she reciprocated.

Little did he know, that he would be pushed of to the
rest home a few years later, and his new young wife would
have a good time without him.
0 Replies