dab digital radio

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:08 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all
ive just bought a new digital radio for work as the old radio just worked on fm and only picked 2 stations up.
as we work in the bottom of a valley will the dab digital be able to receive all the new channels it says or will it still be unable to pick up any stations.
i know it works on different technology but dont really understand how it works.
any advice would be most appreciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 786 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:18 am
It all really depend, where you live - or better: where you listen to the radio*.

You may check the following websites, if you can receive digital radio ... and get some answers to your questions as well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/

http://www.digitalradionow.com/home.php

*I live here in Germany in a region, where officially digital radio is only difficult to receive. However, I've got digital radio in the car (besides analogue radio) and can receive nearly everywhere all the stations, which broadcast in our state (and when I'm closer to the state borders, even more from their channels). [I must admit, I get 34 FM-stations here in rural Westphalia via my excellent car radio, but only 7 digital ones until now.]
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 10:37 am
Btw: there has just been published a report (it's a PDF-file!)
Research reveals stark portrait of digital Britain in 2025

(Summed up:
"Millions of Britons will face huge difficulties trying to access a wide range of essential services if the gap between people with access to technology and those without continues without direct action over the next 20 years.A new BT report, which explores the future impact of the digital divide, predicts that whilst the number of digitally excluded people will fall from 27 million to 23 million by 2025, the people excluded risk losing access to fundamental services like medical information and education.")
0 Replies