Changed intake gasket and now my truck won't start

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 05:54 pm
I have a 94 Chevy S10 4.3 and changed the intake manifold gasket and now it won't start. I have the distributor lined up in the right position but in will not drop and have checked the compression I've tried everything and it still won't start
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 604 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 08:08 pm
@Kwolfe82,
By "will not drop" do you mean that the distributor will not fully seat? Has it fired at all ? Do you smell fuel after cranking it ?
roger

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 08:30 pm
@Ponderer,
If that's what it means, I wonder if the engine were turned during some part of the process.
Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 08:47 pm
@roger,
Have you been able to bolt the distributor all the way down?
roger

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 08:50 pm
@Ponderer,
Don't ask me. It's not my truck.
Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 09:29 pm
@roger,
Roger, please answer these questions when you have time so that I can get an idea of how much you know about the engine.
1. Do you know how the gear on the distributor shaft engages with the gear on the camshaft? (I'll make these yes or no )
2. Did you remove the distributor yourself?
3. Do you know what Top Dead Center means?
All I know right now is that you knew enough to change the gasket. Tell me when you will have time to discuss it. Just tell yourself that the last time your truck ran was not the last time it will ever run. That has always worked for me. Also I need to know the answers to my questions in my first reply. It's all a step by step thing.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 10:36 pm
@roger,
I'm sorry. It was a timing thing. I thought your post was from the guy that had the truck. At least I learned to read who wrote before what they wrote. I thought he just wrote that and was back out to his garage.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 10:38 pm
@Ponderer,
Please answer the questions that I asked Roger by mistake.
0 Replies