Go or to go

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 09:03 am
Should I use "go" or "to go" in the following sentence?

How dare you go / to go there?

Thank you.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 297 • Replies: 10
No top replies

centrox

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 10:41 am
'How dare you' is followed by the infinitive (base) form of the verb, without 'to'.

Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 10:55 am
@paok1970,
"How dare you go there? " is correct. Examples: "When do you want to go to dinner?"
Go to the store before you go home.

centrox

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 10:57 am
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

"How dare you go there? " is correct. Examples: "When do you want to go to dinner?" Go to the store before you go home.

How does the second part of your answer address the question?
Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:03 am
@centrox,
You answered while I was thinking . ( I Am "Ponderer")
centrox

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:06 am
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:
( I Am "Ponderer")

I know. I can see.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:25 am
@centrox,
Maybe it didn't. We could ask 1970. With all due respect, learning English is probably difficult enough without having to learn the "language of the language". Yes, I used "plural" but I figured it was a somewhat universally understood word.
centrox

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 11:49 am
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:
Maybe it didn't. We could ask 1970. With all due respect, learning English is probably difficult enough without having to learn the "language of the language". Yes, I used "plural" but I figured it was a somewhat universally understood word.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Are you stoned or something?
Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 12:22 pm
@centrox,
When you have blocked a jack handle ( twice ) , when you have blocked a ball peen hammer, when you have kicked off a burglar with a knife ( twice ) , then you can try to bully me.
centrox

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 02:50 pm
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:
When you have blocked a jack handle ( twice ) , when you have blocked a ball peen hammer, when you have kicked off a burglar with a knife ( twice )

I have done all those things more than you, and I can prove it, although I choose not to at this time. Telling you when you are making foolish posts, or hinting at it, is not 'bullying'
Ponderer

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 03:23 pm
@centrox,
Please be so helpful as to provide me with the proper terminology for when you insinuate in an online setting that my mind is not functioning normally because of drug use and when you state that my post to you was "foolish". While you are at it, please inform me what you deemed "foolish" in my post to you prior to your question "... stoned or what?"
0 Replies