What's in your pocket?

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:15 pm
Wait, are we not supposed to carry wallets? I have my wallet with me, in my back pocket, all the time. And I have my keys and change in my front pocket. Sometimes I have cash in there too. Oh, and my metrocard, of course.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:23 pm
kickycan wrote:
Wait, are we not supposed to carry wallets? I have my wallet with me, in my back pocket, all the time. And I have my keys and change in my front pocket. Sometimes I have cash in there too. Oh, and my metrocard, of course.

Oh Gee... Metrocard??? Definitely not stalk worthy...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:55 pm
the wallet in the backpocket, when you sit down, throws your spine off-balance.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:59 pm
I have a friend who told me that once, now that I think about it. I always thought it was just a bunch of hokey BS. Am I wrong?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:15 pm
well, if your back is agile and healthy, it's prolly not bad. If you're prone to back or neckaches, you should consider moving the wallet.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:30 pm
kickycan wrote:
I have a friend who told me that once, now that I think about it. I always thought it was just a bunch of hokey BS. Am I wrong?

It all depends if you have a bony butt or not. Twisted Evil

Your eyes always stay parallel. So, if you sit on a slant fairly frequently... your body compensates. One muscle stretches - another relents and naturally the spine sways. Simple.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:37 pm
Oh yeah, my pockets... well, I had forty bucks, but the kids kinda cleaned me out...let's see..a twoonie, a loon, ($2, $1 coins), a half empty pack of trident, a chapstick, blistex tube, a ring, an earing and... a guitar pick.

I never carry my keys, that would hurt. I rarely carry a purse, a back pack yes, but my pockets in my coat are full of all kinds of stuff. My wallet, my egg (it's a percussion thingy, rattle?), keys, lipstick, pen, little black book, phone...
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:57 pm
Seed wrote:
... when i was a kid i was the Denis the menis kinda kid, with frogs and bugs and snakes and what not all in my pockets...

When I was little, my friend gave me some of her guppies to take home and I put them into my front pants pocket for safe storage until I was done playing. I don't think my mom appreciated what she found hours later.

Now, I hate having anything in my front pants pocket. Sometimes, I'll just tuck the dog's leash in the top of one when I let him off to run, but that's about it. And, once in a great while, I'll stick some paper money into my back pocket, but that's rare. Because my daughter's diabetic, I always had to carry her supplies in around with us when we went somewhere and consequently I always had to carry a purse. For a while, that purse got bigger and bigger, until I got tired of carrying everybody else's junk around for them and got a small one. Now, it's either my small purse or a backpack...and, they carry their own stuff.

And, I agree with those who've said that you're not supposed to carry wallets in your back pocket - my husband has had back problems at times, and that's always been one of the first things the doctor has told him to avoid doing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:01 am
I clicked on Other since I have nothing in my jeans' pockets right now, including lint.

On the other hand, I often have things in my jeans pockets, such as coins, earrings, paper clips, rubber bands, goop (the stuff that is gummy and used to stick papers, etc. to walls), the odd nail I didn't use to tack something up.)

I keep keys on my belt loop, with one of those key chain clasp things. Have two sets of keys, alway trying to maintain one set within sight or memory. If I am not wearing something with a belt loop, my day is a little bit less secure from the start. And since I don't always wear jeans, indeed occasionally dress like a lady, I am often less secure as I toddle off into my daytime.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 12:10 am
Okay...I have been wearing a polar fleece vest around since it's been colder out, and I do keep my cell phone in one of the pockets and some kleenex for allergies in the other...and, I have a LOTR's key chain that my daughter gave me tucked into one of the pockets (sans keys because it's a good luck charm of mine)....but, that's all.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 02:29 am
I have a hole in my pocket - I just like to feel myself once in awhile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 03:05 am
Hmmm - I only keep stuff in pockets when I am going to parties and don't want to take a handbag. Actually, I HAVE very few useful pockets, cos I don't like what they do to the line of the pants I wear.

When I go to a party with a pocket, I carry keys, some cash, mebbe a lippy, facial tissues.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 04:43 am
Generally only tissues & a shopping list ... which, no matter how thoroughly I check beforehand, inevitably go into the washing machine, with black jeans, of course! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:03 am
Jeans pocket: Amulets and charms.

Shirt pocket: ToDo List, errand list, look-up lists. Also a pen.

I feel like a bit of a fraud going out in public with one of those strap-around-the-waist jogging pouch, but crutches limit what you can carry. In kangaroo mode, I carry money, i.d., meds, wipes, notebook and pen.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:10 am
Car keys, house keys, tissues, lipstick, Chapstick, wallet. A cellphone is clipped to my waist, (or what's left of it! Laughing ) I very rarely use a handbag.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:49 am
Front left: Handkerchief, PDA
Front right: 2 dolllars and 40 cents; USB flash drive
Back right: pen clipped to edge of pocket
Back left: hasn't been unbuttoned since I got the pants
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:59 am
i hate things in my pockets. But my pockets are all on jeans (i wear jeans to work) and I wear the low rise so my pockets are teenie tiny. About enough room for a quarter and $4 in paper money. Ok, maybe a little more than that but I hate having that feeling of something in my pockets. I will put my license and money in my back pocket, along with house and car key, if I am going out and don't want to carry a purse.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:35 am
Ok, a reminder, I'm talking about pants pockets.....

I'll keep tallying up the data.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:42 am
George, they might as well skip that pocket...no one uses it...lol
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:56 am
At work, I must have pockets. We're supposed to wear company ID at all times, but mine is typically in my pocket. Also scraps of paper to help me remember what I'm looking for in the file room, or what I promised to research for someone. Also money to buy breakfast off the lobby cart. Sometimes a pen, paper clips, rubber bands, etc.

When I'm out, my keys are in my pocket, plus maybe a lip gloss, kleenex, change, receipts, whatever. I do carry a purse, but the keys are just easier to keep track of that way.

I'm diligent about checking all my pockets before pants and shorts go in the laundry.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:15:00