HD RF signal killed when RF from cable box mixed in

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:25 pm
I'm in Sydney Aust. We have Digital Foxtel cabel - I want to take the RF output of my cable box into the RF cable around my house so other TVs can watch what erver is selected on the cable box. I find that the RF signal from the cable box works when directly plugged into a TV or VCR but gets very snowy when connected to the household RF cable. I have put a RF amplifier in line with it to the household RF and it works well, however it kills the HD RF signal from the antenna. All other RF signals continue to work on other TVs regardless if the Cable RF is in or out.

Why is it that the Cable RF only works directly into 1 TV or VCR?

Why does the output of the signal amplifier used for my cable RF kill only the HD frequencies?

Can someone point me to some documentation on mixing RF signals?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 811 • Replies: 1
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:15 pm
First, I'd guess that your RF Amp is for VHF only. HD signals use the UHF band so your amp is probably blocking the UHF signals.

I can't explain your snow problem because you really haven't described what you are doing very well. What is your "Household RF"? Is this the line you have running up to your antenna?
0 Replies