My BF subconsciously moves my hand away from himself without realizing it. Is this normal?

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 02:06 pm
I'm pretty sure It's 102% normal, but my boyfriend is anxious and freaked out by it, so I want to give him some closure. So this happens without him noticing, we'll be talking (this is an example from today) while laying down and cuddling and I'll have my hand on his chest/cheek/head and he'll move it down and away from him as we're talking without even noticing he's doing it, so I'll point it out, but he won't remember even doing it. At first I thought it was a conscious thing, that I was just overstepping personal boundaries or being too clingy, so I'd never mention it out of embarrassment, but a day ago I was feeling brave and decided to mention it, only to find out he didn't even notice he was doing it all this time! He doesn't even mind it, thus why he's a bit freaked out that he even does it subconsciously. So yeah, If someone has an psychological explanation on why he does it subconsciously and whether this is normal or not I'd really appreciate it

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 02:10 pm
@ccorgis ,
yeah, I'd be moving someone's hand if they were always touching me when we talked

he's behaving normally
ccorgis

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 02:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Lol not all the time, I mean when we're laying down and cuddling my hand with be on his chest or something, I'm not hansy or anything like my paragraph made it sound, guess I'm just good at exaggeration. Plus he told me that he has no problem with my hands being on him at all, thus why he's freaked out that he's even doing it subconsciously.
layman

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 02:22 pm
@ccorgis ,
If some Babe was touching me on the cheek, chest, or whatever, I would try to move her hand too. I would move it to a place I wanted to be touched, know what I'm sayin?
tibbleinparadise

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 04:30 pm
@ccorgis ,
I don't like people touching my face at all and generally don't want somebody in static and ongoing contact. I guess I don't mind somebody cuddled up against me but I don't necessarily want their hands sitting on me.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 09:38 pm
Why is your BF freaking out about this? It seems YOU are the one having problems with this.

Is there a reason why you have to put your hand on his chest when you are talking to him?

fresco

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 11:32 pm
@layman,
Careful....Susie might get jealous !
ccorgis

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 05:42 am
@PUNKEY,
I have no problem honestly, I posted this for my bf who wants a psychological response as to why he does this because he has very bad anxiety and was worried it was Alien Hand Syndrome, which isn't the case here I'm sure. There's no reason, like I said it's just when we're laying down and cuddling /sometimes/, like he'll have his arm around me and I'll be laying on my side with my hand naturally resting on his chest, but not like every time. Or sometimes I do it to try and comfort him when we're talking about serious things.
0 Replies

ccorgis

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 05:43 am
@fresco,
Lmao you're soooo funny
0 Replies