SEVENTY-TWO YEARS AGO . . .

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 02:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rating your own posts has the danger of total ignorance.

Not really. Someone is either ignorant, or not. Whether or not they assess themselves will not change that level of ignorance.

Now, if someone is ignorant, their self-assessment will likely be erroneous. Zero danger of that in my case however.
emmett grogan

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 05:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The salience of my question was indeed deliberate. It's no coincidence that all of my posts are excellent points.

If only the second were true. The first, of course, is the exception to prove the rule of the second being untrue.

I'm sure otherwise you're a very nice fellow indeed.
emmett grogan

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 05:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Are the bombs any more dangerous than the reactors? The reactors feed the bomb makers.
oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 05:56 pm
@emmett grogan,
emmett grogan wrote:
If only the second were true.

The second is true, so no problem there.

emmett grogan wrote:
The first, of course, is the exception to prove the rule of the second being untrue.

No. The first part does not in any way prove the second untrue.

You may lack the capacity to see any salience in my point, but that is a matter of your lack of capability. My point is just fine even if you have no ability to understand it

emmett grogan wrote:

No. I'm not nice. But I am factually correct.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 07:31 pm
You are factually incorrect time and time again. Your standard answer when someone shows you that you are factually incorrect is just to trot out your "nope" dodge. Confronted with contradiction, you simply deny the reality of contradiction.
oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 07:53 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You are factually incorrect time and time again.

Strange then how you are catastrophically unable to point out a single error that I've ever made anywhere.

Setanta wrote:
Your standard answer when someone shows you that you are factually incorrect is just to trot out your "nope" dodge.

That is incorrect. The only times that someone here has shown that I've been factually incorrect about something (that person was not you), I have readily acknowledged my error.

Setanta wrote:
Confronted with contradiction, you simply deny the reality of contradiction.

When you wrongly denounce a factual statement as being untrue, it is perfectly appropriate to point out that you are the only one who is wrong.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 08:08 pm
@oralloy,
When you went to school, did you grade yourself? LOL
oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 08:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When I went to school I certainly wasn't graded by embittered buffoons who can't handle the fact that I'm smarter than they are.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 01:07 am
@emmett grogan,
And they also give us waste which has to be disposed of, then again they cut down on greenhouse gases.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 01:10 am
@emmett grogan,
emmett grogan wrote:

You've not been here that long. Oralloy is despicable, what he has said about Meredith Kercher, her grieving parents and the parents of children killed in Sandy Hook is disgusting. There's not an ounce of decency in him.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 02:16 am
@oralloy,
I've done it time and again--your bullshit about the Air Force fire-bombing Dresden, for which I linked Air Force documents. Your bullshit about the crusades being a defense against Muslim invasion--you've never provided a scrap of evidence for that. You're so consistently wrong so often, it's not worth the candle.

Why don't you **** off out of my thread and stop trashing it.
oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 03:05 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I've done it time and again--

No, you make wild denunciations about me as being wrong without any basis and then don't pay any attention when facts are pointed out to you. If you choose to ignore facts, that doesn't make me wrong.

Setanta wrote:
your bullshit about the Air Force fire-bombing Dresden, for which I linked Air Force documents.

Air Force documents that confirmed that everything I said was true and everything you said was wrong. It was pretty funny the way you kept providing evidence that proved me right and couldn't seem to understand that. I didn't even have to post any links. All I needed to do is keep pointing out what your own links said.

Setanta wrote:
Your bullshit about the crusades being a defense against Muslim invasion--you've never provided a scrap of evidence for that.

Wrong again. I provided ample proof of the invasion of the Byzantine Empire, their request for Western aid, and also of the destruction of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

Setanta wrote:
You're so consistently wrong so often, it's not worth the candle.

And yet you can't show any examples of this alleged wrongness (other than in your imagination at least).

Setanta wrote:
Why don't you **** off out of my thread and stop trashing it.

I'm not the one trashing it. You, cicerone imposter, and emmett grogan have decided make untrue accusations against me for no particular reason. The only people trashing the thread are you guys.
oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 05:47 pm
@emmett grogan,
emmett grogan wrote:
Are the bombs any more dangerous than the reactors?

Yes.

emmett grogan wrote:
The reactors feed the bomb makers.

Depends on the reactor and depends on the bomb. Reactors are necessary for the production of weapons grade plutonium or U-233. But it is possible for a reactor to not produce weapons grade plutonium or U-233, and it is possible for a bomb to not use weapons grade plutonium or U-233.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 05:48 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
And they also give us waste which has to be disposed of, then again they cut down on greenhouse gases.

The waste issue is overblown. Most nuclear "waste" (and 100% of the "waste" that lasts for millions of years) can be used as fuel for a sodium-cooled fast reactor.

The anti-nuke people have succeeded in preventing anyone from doing this however, so all of that valuable fuel gets classified as long-lived waste.

Defeat anti-nuke nutjobs and then most of the waste issue will go away once we start using it as fuel.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 06:14 pm
@oralloy,
It's not about "anti-nuke nutjobs."
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2016/sep/30/donald-trump/nuclear-claim-donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-ga/

Share The Facts
Donald Trump Republican presidential nominee

Quote:
Says Hillary Clinton "gave up 20 percent of America's uranium supply to Russia."

In a speech – Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Politifact finds it "mostly false."
oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 09:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's not about "anti-nuke nutjobs."

Sure it is. They are the ones who fight against the use of sodium-cooled fast reactors.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:01 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Sure it is. They are the ones who fight against the use of sodium-cooled fast reactors.

Proof, you're not aware of the big picture about nukes.
Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 10:32 pm
@oralloy,
That's a parcel of lies. I linked the U. S. Air Force document which showed the ordnance mix used by the USAAF in the Dresden raid, which was the ordnance mix developed by the RAF in the fire-bombing of Hamburg, when they learned to create fire storms. The RAF bombed north of the city the night before, hitting refugee camps. They didn't know they were refugee camps--not that that would have mattered to Arthur Harris or Winston Churchill. It was the USAAF who bombed in daylight and caused the fire storms. There were American POWs in Dresden who confirmed that the daylight bombing started fire storms. C.I., who served in the Air Force, provided a reconnaissance photograph of the petroleum storage tanks in the rail yard by the river, which was the first target hit by the USAAF. As you are constitutionally incapable of admitting that you are wrong, you have constructed this fairy tale narrative of what went on in that thread.

There is no such thing as the "Byzantine" Empire. That's a modern scholars term. The Romans called it the Roman Empire, and called themselves Romans. The Turks called it the Roman Empire, and called them Romans. The Franks, who began plundering, raping and murdering as soon as they entered Eastern Europe, in particular the city of Belgrade, called it the Roman Empire, and called them Romans. The Seljuk Turks had invaded the southern fringes of the Roman Empire, in Anatolia and Armenia. That's in Asia, it is not in Europe. There was no Muslim nation or entity which was attempting to invade Europe. You are, of course, constitutionally incapable of ever admitting that you are wrong, so, once again, you have constructed a fairy tale narrative about this topic. When you say here that Muslims did invade Europe, which they did not, and you provide no evidence of your claim, you make my case for me.

None of this is the topic of the thread. Read the OP again. It's about Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Shinzo Abe's call for the "de-nuclearization" of the planet. The topic of this thread is not you and your bloated ego.

Stop trashing my thread.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 01:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Proof, you're not aware of the big picture about nukes.

Boy, I know more about nukes than you know about everything.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 01:12 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
That's a parcel of lies.

Nope. As usual all of my statements are completely correct.

Setanta wrote:
I linked the U. S. Air Force document which showed the ordnance mix used by the USAAF in the Dresden raid, which was the ordnance mix developed by the RAF in the fire-bombing of Hamburg, when they learned to create fire storms.

That's nice. It doesn't change the reality that the firestorms were caused by British bombers deliberately spreading incendiaries throughout the city center and not by American bombers doing their best to strike the railyards.

Setanta wrote:
The RAF bombed north of the city the night before, hitting refugee camps. They didn't know they were refugee camps--not that that would have mattered to Arthur Harris or Winston Churchill.

The RAF bombed the entire core of the city (intentionally) the night before, causing the firestorm that destroyed said city center.

Setanta wrote:
It was the USAAF who bombed in daylight and caused the fire storms.

No, when the American bombers came and tried to strike the railyards, the firestorms already had been raging for hours and were either out or winding down.

Setanta wrote:
There were American POWs in Dresden who confirmed that the daylight bombing started fire storms.

If a POW believes that he witnessed such a thing, he was confused as to what he saw. There is plenty of historical evidence that the firestorms were caused by the RAF's nighttime bombing of the entire city center.

Setanta wrote:
C.I., who served in the Air Force, provided a reconnaissance photograph of the petroleum storage tanks in the rail yard by the river, which was the first target hit by the USAAF.

I do not remember his post, but as I'm the one who was arguing that the US bombers were trying to strike the railyards, I'm sure the photograph added to the mountain of evidence proving that I was completely right and you were completely wrong.

I do remember one from Walter showing the railyards relative to the city center. It was really comical how you acted like you thought it somehow proved me wrong when it actually agreed entirely with everything I said.

Setanta wrote:
As you are constitutionally incapable of admitting that you are wrong, you have constructed this fairy tale narrative of what went on in that thread.

As has already been noted, I've admitted it every single time someone has pointed out an error I made. You just weren't the person who was able to achieve such a thing.

And if you have the guts to link to the thread in question (I'll bet you don't) it will be readily apparent that everything happened exactly like I say it did.

Setanta wrote:
There is no such thing as the "Byzantine" Empire.

Not anymore. The Muslims destroyed it.

Setanta wrote:
That's a modern scholars term.

It's their term for an actual historical polity.

Setanta wrote:
The Romans called it the Roman Empire, and called themselves Romans. The Turks called it the Roman Empire, and called them Romans. The Franks, who began plundering, raping and murdering as soon as they entered Eastern Europe, in particular the city of Belgrade, called it the Roman Empire, and called them Romans. The Seljuk Turks had invaded the southern fringes of the Roman Empire, in Anatolia and Armenia. That's in Asia, it is not in Europe.

That doesn't change the reality that the Muslims invaded the Byzantine Empire and had destroyed the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

Setanta wrote:
There was no Muslim nation or entity which was attempting to invade Europe.

Funny how Vlad Dracula (the psychopath, not the vampire) had the privilege of impaling so many invading Muslims.

Setanta wrote:
You are, of course, constitutionally incapable of ever admitting that you are wrong, so, once again, you have constructed a fairy tale narrative about this topic.

Once again, I've admitted that I've been wrong every single time it has been pointed out to me. You are just not capable of finding any such errors.

And if you bother to link to the threads in question everyone will see that my description of them is perfectly accurate.

Setanta wrote:
When you say here that Muslims did invade Europe, which they did not, and you provide no evidence of your claim, you make my case for me.

First of all, I didn't say here that Muslims invaded Europe. When you pretend I said something that I didn't, that only proves that you are hallucinating.

However, since you brought it up I'll say it now. The excellent Vlad Dracula of the principality of Wallachia was confronted with a large body of invading Muslims, and thankfully Mr. Dracula knew exactly to do with Muslims who invade your country.

Setanta wrote:
None of this is the topic of the thread. Read the OP again. It's about Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Shinzo Abe's call for the "de-nuclearization" of the planet. The topic of this thread is not you and your bloated ego.

I'm not the person who made this about me. You and the other two clowns are the ones who did that. My posts were 100% on topic until you jokers decided to change the subject and make it about me.

Setanta wrote:
Stop trashing my thread.

I'm not the one who is trashing your thread. You're doing that all by yourself. All I'm doing is defending myself against all the untrue statements that you are making about me.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:11:41