Which vacuum cleaner is the best for dog hair?

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 10:58 am
We have Bernese mountain dog and we have to vacuum a lot, because of hair she leaves behind her (we live in the apartment now, used to live in the house 2 years ago). So if anybody has an idea, please reply.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 588 • Replies: 7

centrox

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 11:08 am
When I worked for a company that sold vacuum cleaner spares, the word was that Dyson type (bagless) vacuum cleaners were not very good for sucking up pet hairs.
ianharris

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 11:21 am
@centrox,
Yes, I heard that too. A friend of mine says that I should get a Rainbow vacuum cleaner, but I wanted to hear other people opinions.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 11:28 am
I have an AEG (German) Vampyr model. With a new bag and filter it tries to lift the carpet off the floor, and is good for cat hairs.
0 Replies

arronhiddleston

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 04:28 am
Cool topic, I need some vacuum cleaner that can help my mom, she is an elder woman, she has a dog too... Any advice?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 07:51 am
I have a miele, cheapest model, it's very good, does the job. (I've got cats.)
centrox

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 08:07 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I have a miele, cheapest model, it's very good, does the job. (I've got cats.)

When I worked for a company in Bristol that sold spares for them, I got told off for saying the name Miele properly. I had to say "mealy".
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 09:09 am
I said to the boss, "That's how they say it in Germany, where they are made. " He said "Go and work in bloody Germany if you want to say it like that, they won't understand you here." He bought me a beer at lunchtime to show there were no hard feelings, and called me Fritz after that.

0 Replies