English to latin puzzler

canada

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 10:56 am
Can anyone help with this crossword question.

As before (Latin) i? id

Ive seen this before but can't remember where!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 618 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Wy

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:26 am
ibid. Used in footnotes to mean "from the same source already mentioned."
0 Replies

canada

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:40 am
Dear wy

Thank you for your help. Now it rings a bell. All my answers seem to come from the U.S.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:46 am
No problem. Your questions make me want to get my hands on this Lovatt thing. Is it published in a newspaper?
0 Replies

canada

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 08:33 am
Dear Wy

Lovatt's books can be found in the puzzle book section of your newsagents there'e Lovatts Colossus, Lovatt's Big and Lovatt's Puzzle Collection. These all have prizes, (don't get too excited there not very valuable) but they are fun. They do other Lovatt's puzzle books as well but I haven't looked at them yet. I know you can get them in Australia so I don't see why they wouldn't do them in the U.S. Anyway here is the lovatt's website I'm sure you can get all the details you need here.
www.lovatts.uk.com maybe you can also try us instead of uk. There's cryptic clues, the stinker and The demon (of which these 2 are certain to drive you insane). I am presently doint the demon to win a 28" Widescreen TV plus VCR DVD player and stand. Keep your eyes open today or tomorrow as I'm sure I will need some help with this little monkey. Do let me know how you get on won't you. Good luck.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 08:59 am
0 Replies