What's your favorite number?

Sturgis

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 01:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The 4 also represents the 4 winds as well as stability.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 01:20 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

Roger, I know this is off topic but I have always associated (probably subconsciously) numbers with colors. Also days of the week. For example Sunday and Monday are white, Tuesday is orange, Wednesday is green Thursday is light brown, Friday is Black and Saturday is green. The number's colors are not as clear to me now as they were when I was a child, but the associations are definitely there. I remember 5 being white for sure but the others are not so clear to me now. Do you (or anyone else) have these associations?

Yes, but my associations are quite different. I also tend to associate a ying and yang sort of designation to everything that has nothing to do with the Taoist described characteristics.

For example these things fall within one of the two categories

Cold
The numbers 4, 8, and 12
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Blue, Green and Purple
Beef

These things fall within the other

Hot
The numbers 3, 7, and 11
Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
Red, Yellow and Orange
Seafood
TomTomBinks

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 07:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Strange. I think it would take a team of psychologists to figure out each persons associations, attitudes, fears etc. and to fully understand that person's thought processes. I think the best we can do is to be aware of our oddities and to try and use them for some constructive purpose.
Roberta

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 08:55 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I'm not looking for an argument, but I gotta tell ya. I have absolutely no intention of using my oddities for something constructive. I'm happy to have them and proud to have them in and of themselves.
ossobucotemp

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 09:15 pm
@Roberta,

No idea of when or why so. I'll guess early grade school.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 2 Aug, 2017 05:30 am
Number 9
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Wed 2 Aug, 2017 06:25 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I'm not looking for an argument, but I gotta tell ya. I have absolutely no intention of using my oddities for something constructive. I'm happy to have them and proud to have them in and of themselves.

Poor choice of words; "constructive". Positive purpose, even if just for yourself.
roger

Wed 2 Aug, 2017 07:15 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I bet Roberta meant what she said.
ossobucotemp

Wed 2 Aug, 2017 07:29 pm
@roger,
Yeah. Roberta is our wordsmith, and does mean what she says.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 09:29 pm
@roger,
I meant poor choice of words on my part...
roger

Fri 4 Aug, 2017 09:45 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Actually, I was hoping for a little more contention. When I started, we were being showered with "what's your favorite. . . .", and they mostly looked kind of silly.
TomTomBinks

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 06:29 pm
@roger,
I'm sorry, I'll try to be more argumentative in the future. Now ask me who my favorite late twentieth century civil engineer is and I'll be VERY opinionated.
roger

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 07:32 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I'm afraid to go there.
0 Replies

Banana Breath

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 07:57 pm
I'm partial to pi, it's a nice round number.
https://s1.postimg.org/c0vh8zxdb/pi-icon_1.png
roger

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 08:42 pm
@Banana Breath,
Pie might be round: cornbread are square.
0 Replies

Roberta

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 09:18 pm
@roger,
Hey, roger, I've been here a long time. So have you. How many arguments have you seen me get into? I usually flee from dissension.

Sorry to disappoint you.

TomTom, I knew that you were referring to you when you said poor choice of words.

roger

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 09:43 pm
@Roberta,
Aw, thass okay.
Sturgis

Sun 6 Aug, 2017 05:17 pm
@roger,
Still not understanding the appeal of the 6. It just looks so darn lazy sitting there on its big round end. It could learn a great deal from the 9 which always stands tall and proud!
roger

Sun 6 Aug, 2017 05:31 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

It just looks so darn lazy sitting there on its big round end.

You GOT it!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:34:43