Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 10:30 pm
i wanna hook my comp speakers so it plays out if them,my tv,and 2 other hous speakers how would i go about doing this
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,182 • Replies: 7
No top replies

husker

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 11:12 pm
well I have a special little cable that I run to my surround sound system, I'm also about to dedicate an older computer to becoming a media center networked to the entire home via our router.
0 Replies

mastaapiece3

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 08:55 pm
wut cable is it?
0 Replies

JackW03

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 04:55 pm
They sell little adapter plugs that you can use. I use one to get sound from my pc speakers and reciever at the same time on my pc. I'm not sure exactly what it's called though, it's just a little y splitter for analog output.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:24 pm
radioshack
0 Replies

cubik

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 11:33 pm
speakers
i would get yourself a mixer and hook everythign up to it that way

cubik
0 Replies

mastaapiece3

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 06:52 pm
wut exactyle is a mixer and wut can u do with it? how would i hook it all up so it plays through my cp speakers,tv,and some other speakers?
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:23 am
Why would you want your lousy computer speakers and tv together with your house speakers? Ok, no matter, I'll explain a mixer for you in a mo but it's not needed.

One source is from the computer in which case computer speakers can connect from a mini stereo jack or better to a USB to mini stereo jack device (computers are very noisy). The computer can connect to a AMP which shold be able to send the signal to the house speakers and the tv (there are too many ways to do this to be specific)

OR you use a DVD player as the source. In which case house speakers and tv are no problem. Your lousy computer speakers can probably connect by mini jack direct but if not... I'm guessing you use windoze in which case forget about good audio transfer to your computer.

Ah, the mixer. Its usually for Pro-Audio applications. Which means not for your home. Multiple inputs (by microphone or instrument, like a band) then Mixed together for one output. When you listen to your favourite CD it has been Mixed. But not siutable for your needs, because, if it is a good mixer, aimed at pro-audio then the voltage is configued +14dB higher. If its bad, it probably still requires unbalanced inputs, whereas consumer audio is on mini jacks.
0 Replies