My Portable DVD PLayer won't turn on.

dvdman

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 10:26 pm
HEy everybody,
I bought a portable dvd player about 4 months ago. but after 3 months the discs stopped loading, when i put a dvd in the screen just says loading. However cd's work just fine. If anybody knows how to fix this problem i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,930 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 05:52 am
If the player is only 4 months old, isn't it still under warranty? Why don't you bring it back where you bought it, and let the store worry about how to fix it!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 05:58 am
I'm with Phoenix. Sounds like it needs a replacement.
0 Replies

dvdman

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 10:53 pm
nah the warrenty ended after 3 months and i got it on ebay.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:05 pm
That sucks. Maybe someone will come along to give you some advice that knows about this stuff. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Good luck to you.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:10 pm
Dunno if this'll help, but a good, reputable, mid-level DVD cleanin' disk - the $15-$25 type, not the $5 -$10 type, might give ya some benefit ... other than that, its shop time, 'less you know what you're doin' inside the puppy. Not much the general user can do to fix one if there are problems other than dirt.
0 Replies

JackW03

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 04:53 pm
If it doesn't turn on I don't think that he'd be able to use a disc to clean it. To me it sounds like you'll just need to replace it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:08 pm
JackW03 wrote:
If it doesn't turn on I don't think that he'd be able to use a disc to clean it. To me it sounds like you'll just need to replace it.

Actually, if it didn't turn on at all, the first thing to check would be a fuse or circuit breaker, which could be either internal or external, and would be an obvious-to-see, easy-to-remedy fault, no need to go to the shop. Next in that chain would be to check the switch and its connectors. Depending on what turned up there, that might or might not be a shop issue. But that isn't what's goin' on here. According to what was said, it does turn on;
dvdman wrote:
when i put a dvd in the screen just says loading. However cd's work just fine.

it does CDs OK, but it stalls and displays "Loading" when a DVD is inserted. That leads me to suspect that for some reason, the puppy just ain't "recognizing" and "reading" DVDS.
0 Replies