Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 05:56 pm
Jesus is the way and that way is the Gnostic Christian way. Not Christianity’s way.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

The Luke and Mark quotes are referring to the following.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

For an extended view of that from my favorite philosopher. ----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

You will note that the bible teaches Jesus’ way and Gnostic Christianity follows that good way, yet the church never teaches Jesus’ true way.

Why is Christianity ignoring and even hiding the only worthy Jesus and the teachings of his way?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 715 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Kolyo

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 09:38 pm
Aha!

So you are religious, after all this time!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 01:20 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
You will note that the bible teaches Jesus’ way and Gnostic Christianity follows that good way,

Really? That must be why all the gnostic gospels are left out of the Bible.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 07:30 am
@izzythepush,
The "Bible" is a book written, edited, and assembled by men. The modern Bible as we know it is as much a political tool as it is a religious text. Used by Kings and the Church to assert power over the common peasant.

Christianity in it's current form has become a business. The product they sell is a good show on Sunday mornings complete with music, video, lights, and a feel good message to cleanse the soul so you can go back to sinning on Monday with a clean conscious.

The Christianity of the Bible was about teaching people to be better people. To love and care for one another. To share the message of hope and love with all those you come into contact with. Jesus entrenched himself with the "sinners", the people that needed that message of love the most.

I am generally embarrassed to call myself a Christian without qualifying my own beliefs because Christanity has gone totally off the rails.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 07:52 am
@tibbleinparadise,
tibbleinparadise wrote:

The "Bible" is a book written, edited, and assembled by men. The modern Bible as we know it is as much a political tool as it is a religious text.

Tell me something I don't know.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 12:34 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Aha!

So you are religious, after all this time!

More spiritual than religious.

I have no need of a tribe and religions just accentuate that part of religion and not the spiritual part as can be shown by churches not teaching the way as taught by Jesus.

I do accept that our tribal needs must be assuaged and that organized religions are quite harmful to society, given their homophobia and misogynistic, but I do recognize the good that local churches provide.

I think they would do better in my view if their theology was based on reality instead of some supernatural absentee guy in the sky.

I do recommend this type of church as a good second to being a Gnostic Christian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtJPSmI9pY

I do not promote religiosity as that is a crutch to ones tribal nature and I prefer to see spiritual people standing alone like Jesus did.

Jesus is the way, but not the way Christianity preaches it.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 12:39 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
You will note that the bible teaches Jesus’ way and Gnostic Christianity follows that good way,

Not to scholars.

I guess that you did not read the O.P. as it shows what is clearly mystical and esoteric teachings attributed to the Jesus of the Gnostic Christian persuasion.

That is why the church never teaches Jesus' true way.

They would prefer that one accepts the satanic policy of substitutionary atonement.

Once a mind accepts this by going into intellectual and moral dissonance, and accepts that satanic policy, he locks himself into Christianity as his morality is not fit for any other religion.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 12:46 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
tibbleinparadise wrote:

The "Bible" is a book written, edited, and assembled by men. The modern Bible as we know it is as much a political tool as it is a religious text. Used by Kings and the Church to assert power over the common peasant.

Christianity in it's current form has become a business. The product they sell is a good show on Sunday mornings complete with music, video, lights, and a feel good message to cleanse the soul so you can go back to sinning on Monday with a clean conscious.

The Christianity of the Bible was about teaching people to be better people. To love and care for one another. To share the message of hope and love with all those you come into contact with. Jesus entrenched himself with the "sinners", the people that needed that message of love the most.

I am generally embarrassed to call myself a Christian without qualifying my own beliefs because Christanity has gone totally off the rails.

I agree and I would also be ashamed to call myself a Christian.

You may want to look up Bishop Spong. He has advice for Christians who are recognizing the immorality of many of their moral tenets.

Here is a sample for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUmKEH9jnu8

If you can, find a church like this one. It speaks truth and not lies the way most priests and preachers do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtJPSmI9pY

If better morals are your thing, those can be found in scriptures, if you read them right.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 12:48 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Look again at what I quote of the bible in the O.P.

Those are Gnostic and not Christian. Christians look above for heaven and God while Jesus tells us to look within.

See the difference?

Regards
DL

P.S. I answered this twice and if you look above you will see what I put.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 12:54 pm
@Greatest I am,
I see the difference alright, you said one thing and now you're pretending you said something else.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 04:50 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I see the difference alright, you said one thing and now you're pretending you said something else.

Many apologists see much of Gnostic Christianity in scriptures.

Like these that the church never teaches out of fear of losing sheeple when they become people.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2017 12:59 am
@Greatest I am,
And now you're making assumptions. You spoke of the Bible, the one with gospels according to Matthew Mark Luke and John. You did not talk of the canon of early Christian writings which would have included the gnostic gospels and the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Now you're claiming you said something else entirely, and because you don't have a credible reason for your volte face you adopt a patronising tone and make all sorts of assumptions.

That's not the way to get people interested in Gnosticism at all.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2017 09:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

And now you're making assumptions. You spoke of the Bible, the one with gospels according to Matthew Mark Luke and John. You did not talk of the canon of early Christian writings which would have included the gnostic gospels and the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Now you're claiming you said something else entirely, and because you don't have a credible reason for your volte face you adopt a patronising tone and make all sorts of assumptions.

That's not the way to get people interested in Gnosticism at all.

You make accusations, without quoting the pertinent text and provide no argument against and I am supposed to know WTF you are talking about.

Oh well.

Regards
DL
izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2017 10:18 am
@Greatest I am,
Read your opening post, the one that sets this thread off. All your quotes are from the Bible followed by this.

Quote:
You will note that the bible teaches Jesus’ way and Gnostic Christianity follows that good way

My point was that if the Bible is so Gnostic why are all the Gnostic Gospels left out?

You don't have to answer that. I know why.

I just thought it quite ironic that you choose a political document with Gnostic elements deliberately left out, (the Bible) as proof that Christianity is Gnostic. It just seems very muddled.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2017 12:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Read your opening post, the one that sets this thread off. All your quotes are from the Bible followed by this.

Quote:
You will note that the bible teaches Jesus’ way and Gnostic Christianity follows that good way

My point was that if the Bible is so Gnostic why are all the Gnostic Gospels left out?

I just thought it quite ironic that you choose a political document with Gnostic elements deliberately left out, (the Bible) as proof that Christianity is Gnostic. It just seems very muddled.

What seem muddled is your reading and retention skills. That is why I wanted to see the quote you were distorting.

The bible is a political document now. That will surprise the talking serpent and donkey.

I did not say that the bible was so Gnostic. I likely said it had some verses that many associate with Gnostic text.

"You don't have to answer that. I know why."

Please tell us why Gnostic gospels and so many other gospels were left out of the bible.

My guess is that you are not aware that the logic of including just 4 main gospels was that there were only four season. A really intelligent way to create a book eh?

Do you know what happened to the plethora of Gnostic writings?

Regards
DL
izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2017 01:39 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
The bible is a political document now.

Right from the outset, to make sure it's compatible with Rome.

This is pretty basic stuff.

Now you can go back to pretending to be mysterious and talking to yourself.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2017 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
The bible is a political document now.

Right from the outset, to make sure it's compatible with Rome.

This is pretty basic stuff.

Now you can go back to pretending to be mysterious and talking to yourself.

Rome believed in talking serpents and donkeys. Ok.

Regards
DL
izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2017 11:11 am
@Greatest I am,
You're thinking of Shrek.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2017 12:37 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're thinking of Shrek.

I have no time for garbage.