Over 700 partners?

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:44 pm
Hello,

I am currently dating a guy that I really like. He's very sweet, affectionate and communicative. I see things going further, except for one thing he recently revealed to me. Though he has had over 13 years of monogamous relationship experiences, he revealed that since being single in 2015, he has had sex with over 1000 partners. Then he slimmed that to 700, then 500. He told me that he would rather tell me now than it come up later. While rationally, I am sex positive and think people should have the freedom to **** without shame; the emotional and attached part of me feels a bit...well...turned off. When I have been the most sexually active, I have had sex one a week...and that was a lot of work, not to mention, not always pleasurable.

This issue highlights an insecurity in me. Have I somehow missed out on the slut bandwagon? I see myself as attractive and sexy, but I do not feel that I need to justify that through my sexual relations with others. I also know that he wants to be with me and that I didn't meet him in his past, and that I should only judge him starting from the time I met him. Either way, it doesn't make me feel all that special. How does one resolve such an insecurity moving forward?

centrox

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:47 pm
1000 partners in 2 years - that's an average of 1.38 per day. This guy is a liar. 1000 wanks more like. Judge him on his lying boastful fantasising.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 04:38 pm
@shadyroid,
Don't feel insecure because this dude is a lieing douchebag, drop him and celebrate the near brush with disaster.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 05:02 pm
What they said.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 05:16 pm
@shadyroid,
1000 well maybe 500 is playing with you. I say play along, maybe start calling him a slut as you **** him and see how he reacts.

Most probly he is trying to sell himself as being in high demand, he wants you to know that you are getting quality. But he either did not forsee or did not care that women usually dont like to be told that they are but one in a long line of conquests.....why was that?

If I were you I would need to figure that out.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 07:40 pm
@shadyroid,
I also think he's full of crap. Tell the little put pounder to start wearing gloves that way he won't have so many calluses on his hands. Razz
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:36 pm
Why did he feel he just HAD to tell you about this particular part of his life? Afraid you might bump into one of them?

I think he's BSing you, but why?

This would be a red flag for me. One, because he probably didnt have safe sex with all those partners and 2) he just has to tell you the numbers.

You have every right to feel as though you are being compared to all his exploits. That would lower any woman's self esteem.

Drop him. He's got problems.

centrox

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 12:53 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Drop him. He's got problems.

Yes. This is key
0 Replies