Pittsburgh - best places to stay

Mame

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 06:39 am
My daughter and her two daughters (ages 8 and 10) will be going there for a week in August. Any ideas of what neighbourhood we should be in, where we should go or do? We will have a car.

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
@Mame,
It depends on how much you are willing to spend. If you want to say a bit and still be near the city and in an area where there is stuff walking distance - try Waterfront-West Homestead. I stayed there for two nights. I stayed at the Hampton Inn and I think there is a courtyard next door. There is entertainment right across the street but also you are very close to downtown Pittsburgh.

Now if want something not so "chain-like" or if you want to be in the city, there are some others right in Pittsburgh-obviously it will be more expensive. Personally within the city I really liked the area around Heinz field. The hotels are typically less money and it is very "new-like" around there and a bit more neighborhood like and you are just over the bridge from the main part of the city.

I am sure there are other neighborhoods, and I got advice on here as well as to some places. So I am sure others will chime in.

I just decided I would get some rewards points and be a little less to be outside the city. The Waterfront part has a river behind the two hotels and we got river view so it a nice spot. The only negative of where I was - the cell phone service was spotty. Oh and there is a waterpark right near where we stayed for the kids.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:01 pm
@Mame,
So many places to stay and to visit, especially if you're car-enabled.

Two things to check are Linkat's thread from last year: www.able2know.org/topic/320417-1 and www.visitpittsburgh.com/things-to-do/
It's a vibrant city, alive throughout the day and with plenty of activities for the evening as well. Bring good walking shoes and lots of energy as driving to many of the downtown areas would ruin your fun with the amount of traffic.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 06:51 pm
@Mame,
If money isn't an issue:
Omni William Penn Hotel, Downtown Pittsburgh.

The best hotel, I have ever personally experienced. The best hotel I've been to in the 5 Christmases I spent at Pittsburgh.
http://imgur.com/PttT6z0.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pittsburgh - best places to stay
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:20:14