Insanely spicy food? What's your verdict?

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 09:26 am
Ten Alarm chili? Jalapeno peppers filled with literal liquid magma? Napalm via intravenous injection?

What's your favorite insanely spicy food delivery method? Indian curry? Something else?

What's the hottest thing you can comparatively register on the Scoville scale?
https://i.imgur.com/VOS7rlC.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,559 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 09:33 am
@tsarstepan,
I find that Indian food is focused on flavour, not heat, though some Goan dishes can be very hot as a result of the Portuguese influence on the dishes.

True Mexican food can be flavourful or bland, but isn't often hot.

Tex-Mex and Mexi-Cali dishes can be brutally hot but where I run into trouble with heat is with some Vietnamese dishes. I've had a few Vietnamese meals that left me feeling like my ears were melting off the side of my head.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 10:19 am
I'm on the sissy end of the chart, up to 30,000 or 50,000 but more ordinarily am happier in the Jalapeno range, sometimes lower. I do tend to toss some New Mexico red pepper powder in quite a few of my sauteeings of vegetables; lately I've been playing with New Mexico powdered green chile peppper.

Hottest dish I remember was some Hunan food (I forget what exactly). Curry/curries? I generally like them.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 12:31 pm
Heat tolerance is relative. I've had a high tolerance since my teen years when I started eating spicy foods and it's become higher still ever since I got married. My wife is very heavy handed when it comes to making spicy food. There are foods that I used to think were very hot, but now I find them medium to mild. Hooter's 9-1-1 wings used to be unbearable, but now they're middling. I've never tried some of those ultra-hot hybrid chiles like the Bhut jolokia, aka ghost pepper, so my overall tolerance is probably also middling.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 12:55 pm
On the other hand, Ms. Scoville Sissy eats some form of hot peppers close to daily, all year as well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2017 05:27 am
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/almaxp/almaxp2/_img176_3333_curryhelllx0.jpg

There are loads of videos on youtube of people taking the challenge, but this bit of stand up is the best. God I miss Newcastle.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 05:30 am
@tsarstepan,
a burrito that contains lotsa cilantro then letting me spoon scotch bonnet salsa over it. Im growing some bhutt peppers this year, so we will see
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2023 02:31 pm
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2023 12:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
The new world's hottest pepper, Pepper X, is 3 times spicier than its predecessor
https://imgur.com/CEvprOq.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2024 04:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies