Seeing Apparitions

Olivier5

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 02:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
What can I tell you? I'm an atheist. I'm not suppose to believe these sorts of things...
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 02:57 pm
@Olivier5,
I am an atheist. I know there is a reasonable explanation, but nothing has been proven about it as yet.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:00 pm
Some here may remember my talking about having weird, very very weird, hallucinations that were clearly from a drug I was prescribed for itching (if I remember) by a University dermatologist.

I figured it out around the second or third day of weirdness, it was the damned daily pill, clue by the timing, and cut it off cold. The visions went away.
The paper that went with the drug said something like "do not stop pills abruptly, contact your doctor". **** that. This is me speaking, who knows a lot of md's and regard most of them quite well or better, but I didn't want to go through the system to report it.

I agree I was remiss for never going back and telling my then dermatologist. I was too freaked and angry for her prescribing it. I know better than to not contact them, the pamphlet may have been smart, but I was very pissed off.

I remember describing the hallucination here on a2k rather vividly.

time --- when described the hallucinations around the time when Luismtzzz as here, a doctor in Mexico, and we talked about it.

I can't find (yet) my own posting, nor his. I remember naming the pills/drug.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:01 pm
To me, there are holes in the toxic mold notion. My wife and her coworker don't see each other that much on the job and never elsewhere. There was no common connection of the thought processes to steer the nature of the figure they have seen. The mold would about need a brain to make a connection for them. I'm sure there is something else at work here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:04 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Your experience and the ones I have been writing of, here, are proof that there are unrelated triggers to such events.
Krumple

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Your experience and the ones I have been writing of, here, are proof that there are unrelated triggers to such events.

I would put money on the conclusion that these experiences are caused by environmental issues.

I remember reading that people whom live near high voltage power lines are more likely to have "alien abduction" experiences. Now this doesn't mean they are the defacto cause. But there is a significant piece of data that suggests it could be an element that helps these strange experiences from happening.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 03:49 pm
My brother and sister in law once began to experience strange events in their home. It's a tract house. Objects would move, seemingly on their own. I don't recall all of the events anymore. There was a spot in the house the dog avoided. Noises. Turned out the house sits on a fault line. My sister in law has not mentioned it in several years, so I assume the fault line quit moving under it.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 09:18 pm
I used to work in an old movie theatre. I has subsequently been knocked down, but almost all of that worked there saw a similar apparition. Years ago, an usher died in the Rialto. Normally people would see a guy sweeping up in the aisles at the end of the night. But occasionally, you would see his boding hanging from the rafters, in the exact spot he killed himself.
Nobody ever warned new employees because we always wanted to see if they saw it. And then you'd hear the scream and know they'd be initiated into the club.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 09:25 pm
@Ceili,
This is the kind of story I want to get to the bottom of. So far, no put forth explanations work for me.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 12:44 am
@edgarblythe,
Hmmm.. We're all going to get "to the bottom of it" at some point, ie 6 feet under. I'm not in a hurry to get there.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 01:16 am
@edgarblythe,
This play made me sit up as a kid with its own unique theory of such occurrences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stone_Tape
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 04:29 am
@izzythepush,
The Wylie book I mentioned in the first post or so touched on a similar idea. I wish I could remember the book by title. It was written in the forties or fifties.
Krumple

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 01:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The Wylie book I mentioned in the first post or so touched on a similar idea. I wish I could remember the book by title. It was written in the forties or fifties.

Ahh a book written in the forties or fifties, shouldn't be hard to track down.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 03:36 pm
@Krumple,
It's easy to find a list of his books, but getting a synopsis not easy, except on the best known, such as Generation of Vipers and When Worlds Collide.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 04:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It's easy to find a list of his books, but getting a synopsis not easy, except on the best known, such as Generation of Vipers and When Worlds Collide.

I think I found it. The book is Night Unto Night. I forgot to get the link.

This is a continuation of the vein of Generation of Vipers, inasmuch as it is a sounding off on many of the problems common to reasoning man; there is less invective, mere inquiry, but there is an equal, profuse probing of all kinds of matter from the scientific to the spiritual. A novel in name only, this is a disquisition on art, religion, war, psychiatry, immateriality, and primarily death and the problem of death in life. Its central characters are Ann, whose husband goes down on a PC boat, and her painful adjustment to his death partly assisted by his reappearance to her at odd times. The other principal is Galen, brilliant biochemist, disqualified from the services by the sudden revelation of an epileptic strain, and as yet unsure whether the disease is on the way in or out. In time, Ann and Galen fall in love, Galen has the first violent attack which preludes the end, but even so -- Ann -- having gained the knowledge of meeting death in life once, marries Galen for what time they have together. An artist, a psychiatrist, Ann's wanton sister, a doctor, provide talking points in other fields. Wylie writes well -- he also overwrites -- but notwithstanding the conversational supercargo, it's honest and holding reading.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 07:17 am
People often think about a friend or relative, who dies without their knowledge, in various ways. For instance, I picked up a picture of my older brother, right as he lay dying, the victim in a car wreck. He was in Texas; I was in Missouri.
My first wife had a strong connection with her mother. We were in Providence, when my wife told me, "I just saw my mother in the rain, stranded on a highway." We learned her mother was on the way to Galveston, when her car stalled out on the freeway. It had been raining.
I read an interesting article that may give a clue how these things happen. Not a definitive answer, but it could bear relevance.

Communication is so great in cetaceans that there is a strong possibility they are able to project (yes … literally project) an “auditory image” that replicates a sonar message they may receive. The process is a bit confusing, but MSU describes it in this circumstance: “So a dolphin wishing to convey the image of a fish to another dolphin can literally send the image of a fish to the other animal. The equivalent of this in humans would be the ability to create instantaneous holographic pictures to convey images to other people.”
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/human-intelligence-versus-whales-and-dolphins/
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 09:27 am
I've reported this on a2k before, but it needs repeating - I had hallucinations after I was diagnosed with a dermatologic condition, seborrheic dermatitis, and given a prescription for Doxepin. Fine the first day taking the pill, a little weird as days went by, and by the third or fourth day or so, I had wild hallucinations.

I'll link my posts from back then.

https://able2know.org/topic/250472-1#post-5725961
https://able2know.org/topic/250472-1#post-5726043
https://able2know.org/topic/250472-1#post-5726079
https://able2know.org/topic/250472-1#post-5726085
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:24:10