PET PEEVES (or hot topics)

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 03:00 am
Misti - You said so eloquently what I have been
thinking for months and months and months!
"Methinks thou doth protest too much" - is what
I have to say to Bush & current administration
***holes.
Nothing works better than to put FEAR into
the people to keep them from noticing
how bloody Congress is bleeding our country's
tax money dry for bull**** pork programs
for all of Bush and Dad's cronies.
There are CLEAR issues here about CLASS!!
I do not mean class as in school.
I do not mean class as in style of dress.
I do not mean class as in manners.
I DO MEAN CLASS - AS IN CLASSES OF HUMAN
BEINGS - AND GUESS WHAT? YOU AND I, WE
ARE THE WORKER CLASS, WE ARE THE DRONES.
WE WILL WORK AND DIE AND NEVER, EVER
TASTE OF THE KIND OF PRIVELEGED LIFE THAT
GW BUSH HAS KNOWN AND LED.
HE HAS NEVER BEEN IN A GROCERY STORE.
As a matter of fact, BushJr reminds me very much
of Marie Antoinette who - when told that her people
were starving - she merely laughed and said those
fatal words "Ha! Let them eat cake!"
Little did she know this would be the straw that
broke the camel's back, or that this would be
the rallying cry of the low class French people
who were sick of her, their government, the
aristocracy - and Marie ended up having her
head lopped off. What a fine ending to such a
cruel, careless, thoughtless womans life. If only
we could HOPE for such an ending to OUR HISTORY!
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 05:11 am
Disasturbate, verb

To idly fantasize about possible disasters, without considering their actual likelihood or the prospects for preventing them.Disasturbation, noun.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 10:45 am
Right Babs, I forgot to mention, the biggest threat of all is sitting in the White House!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 10:54 am
Why do people tailgate? Do they think they're going to get to their destination that much faster if they drive six inches away from you instead of several feet? I live in a rural area, so it's not like we have bumper-to-bumper traffic. But these tailgaters always seem to find me! I had one on my rear yesterday on the way home from work. In the past when someone tailgated me, I would step on it just a little more, but of course they would keep right up with me. What I do now is slow down. I figure if they're going to hit me, at least we'll be going at a slower speed. Also, I'm sure it irritates them even more and, fer crying out loud, they deserve it!

Okay, I feel better now.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 10:58 am
I agree, chat, tailgating is a terrible habit some people have. I think that they think that you will go faster if they "threaten" you by getting so close... (idiots!) Although they also do it in bumper-to-bumper traffic and that's the stupidest thing of all. Or maybe they're trying to make sure that no one can cut in front of them? The scariest traffic I drive in is on weekday mornings when it's not quite rush hour so everyone's driving 60-70 mph and tailgating each other!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 11:19 am
mac, I enjoy visiting large cities but I don't do it very often just for that reason. All that traffic - maybe six lanes with people constantly changing lanes - everyone's driving like there's no tomorrow, and I'm thinking there might not be a tomorrow if someone makes one false move. Actually, I'm surprised there aren't a lot more accidents on the big city freeways. I guess people get used to driving that way. I hope I never have to!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 08:56 pm
You guys have never driven in Dublin, I take it! They are absolutely nuts ... 5 lanes of traffic in a 3 lane road, oh my God, I would never drive there myself again!

Drunk driving? That's the only way to drive there, ha ha!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 01:35 am
I'll remember that if I ever go to Dublin, Misti. Laughing
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 10:27 am
Drivers who stay in the left lane, come hell or high water, and move at a snail's pace are one of my pet peeves.

Where I live we have a particular four-lane stretch which ultimately intersects with a large north-south traffic corridor. Most of the traffic chooses to turn south.

To get ready for their big turn, drivers on the four-lane stay in the left lane at least two miles from the intersection. They slow down to negotiate the turn. Meanwhile, they block the normal flow of traffic.

To get around them, one must violate a regulation which says "no passing" on the left.
[/i]

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 11:12 am
No passing on the left? Huh?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 11:38 am
Well, if they're hogging the left lane, you might not want to pass on the left anyway.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 11:59 pm
Passing on the left cannot only cause an accident, but in my state, it is illegal.

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 10:58 am
How can passing on the left be illegal? Explain. How else are you supposed to pass? I hope I never have to drive in that state.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 11:02 am
no kidding.... is there just no passing allowed?
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 01:00 am
Passing on the right cannot only cause an accident, but in my state, it is illegal.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 03:59 am
Now what, no passing at all?

I didn't post for a coupla days, can I puke'em all out at once?

I won't, but here goes... If that what my boss is doing in the restaurant is called working, then I'm prolly the dumbest guy who made a pair o' boots walk... (swedish "remodeled" proverb).

And I can't decide what annoys me more; me, realizing I'm the dumb one, or him that lazy son-of-the-real-boss

any questions?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 06:13 am
My largest pet peeve is Israeli summer: it is both hot and humid (well, not at the same extent as in Thailand or Vietnam, but unpleasant enough to be hated). And it causes electricity bills be enormous, due to necessity in air conditioning.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 09:04 am
bigdice67 wrote:
And I can't decide what annoys me more; me, realizing I'm the dumb one, or him that lazy son-of-the-real-boss

I was just going to say that! Well, not exactly but I feel your pain. And now it's about time for me to go back to the torture chamber. Confused
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:07 am
I'm going back in twenty minutes, chat, but the sonoftheboss isn't there... he's off with a buddy tonite...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:25 am
Pour que?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:48:32