Aww..... Dolphins Protect New Zealand Swimmers from Shark.

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 09:29 am
are dolphins good to eat?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 09:36 am
Flippers of clay...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 09:36 am
dyslexia wrote:
are dolphins good to eat?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 09:37 am
Dys, I dunno. I think people do eat dolphin.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 10:28 am
Japanese kill almost 20,000 dolphins every year for food. (Though it is difficult to compare Japanese demand for dolphin meat with other consumer countries, Japanese are likely the largest overall buyers of cetacean -- or whale and dolphin -- meat, according to officials at the agriculture ministry.)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 10:30 am
Taiwan began to show determination to protect whales and dolphins in coastal waters with the Wildlife Conservation Law in 1989, which prohibited the catching and killing of them.

Fang Kuo-yun, chief of the Sources Conservation Division, Forestry Department, Council of Agriculture, says the government is serious about implementing the law, no matter how difficult it might be.

Taiwanese have a long tradition of catching and eating whales and dolphins, especially dolphins. Fishermen think that they are the food which the Gods have given them.

Which people in Taiwan first began to eat whales and dolphins? One expert thinks that perhaps the first immigrants to Taiwan brought the habit with them when they crossed over the Taiwan Strait from mainland China 400 years ago.
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 10:44 am
LittleK - the author of the article alleging appalling acts by dolphins is writing fiction:
http://www.writingclasses.com/FacultyBios/facultyBioByInstructor.php/TeacherID/91611

That's all she does - I know because I just called her writing school to ask for sources for the article you just linked. It seems she's never even seen dolphins, let alone done any research on them.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:04 pm
Fascinating!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:49 pm
Very! You actually CALLED them, HofT?

Remind me not to try to bluff you the next time there's a poker match at the Cafe'.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:55 pm
A perpetrator of the Protocols of the Elders if Zion for DOLPHINS!!!!

You zapped her good, Hoft!
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:56 pm
Eva - you may, of course, attempt a bluff, especially if you got money to burn on bets <G>

Wishing a very happy Thanksgiving to all here, foreign or domestic!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:03 am
Just one question: I wonder what she has against dolphins to publish this sort of stuff? Confused
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:24 pm
Man.... I have been hearing about dolphins trying to rape (or whatever, I assumed it was some sort of dominance thing) humans for years now.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:38 pm
dlowan wrote:

I am a natural helper with a heart of pure mush.

You sound like an under-dog magnet. The world should have more of them.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:41 pm
msolga wrote:
Just one question: I wonder what she has against dolphins to publish this sort of stuff? Confused

How can anyone dislike or want to berate dolphins? They have to be one of the most likeable creatures on the planet.
0 Replies