Black Friday shopping: will you go?

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 10:29 am
I read Walmart has Bratz for $8.88... Embarrassed

Can't edit the poll, huh? I meant to add a choice of window shopping and laughing at the crazy peops. Laughing Oh well...

And here's the list out so far...

http://bf2004.net/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,888 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 10:31 am
I may buy a book or two, but that's it. I think the boycott is a great idea...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 10:51 am
If I wanted to join a suicidal automotive event, I would participate in the Indy 500. You cannot get me NEAR a mall on Black Friday. I once went, about 20 years ago. The trauma of people scrambling all over each other, and almost getting into nearly a dozen accidents was enough to last for a lifetime, thank you!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:05 am
I have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the mall for normal shopping. I buy as much as possible through catalogues and over the Internet.

I earn my Hunter & Gatherer ribbons at the grocery store, thank you. Tomorrow I have a long list, a frequent shopper discount, and a handful of coupons. I'll probably save $75 and have staples, cleaning supplies and paper products for the winter.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:17 am
Sounds like Boxing Day... The day after christmas, the lunatic fringe go shopping. I've never gone - I'm no masocist.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:27 am
No way!

I'm the born internet shopper. In the privacy of my own
home, with a glass of wine, I'll shop till I drop (the glass) Mr. Green

I always hated shopping, so this (online shopping) is
bliss to me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:46 am
I went for the first time last year. It was fabulous! Gorgeous pants and tops for $2 apiece.

If I'm ever in the U.S. on that day again, I'll do it again. At least once more.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:25 pm
I'm working - I typically work on this day at it is the quietest day of the year to work and usually we leave early.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 12:59 pm
ehBeth, don't know if you saw that I just recently came across your comments about Garden Ridge from last year and plan to go there... :-) (Where'd you get the pants and tops?)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:02 pm
Embarrassed Embarrassed

Whats black friday?
<Im a shop-a-holic... I dunno what black friday is >

Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:05 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Embarrassed Embarrassed

Whats black friday?
<Im a shop-a-holic... I dunno what black friday is >

Embarrassed Embarrassed

The day after Thanksgiving, on Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year. They DO have good sales, but the people crawl over one another, and the traffic in the malls is an abomination.

Hey! I have a great idea for a reality show! Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:16 pm
OOoooo.. you and I both Phoenix..
imagine.. it could be a one hit wonder reality show on Fox and you would be a millilonaire for it!!!

I personally NEVER go shopping the day after thanks giving. ( Usually by then I have my christmas preasents bought already)
I dont like full stores as it is and a sale will not bring me to someplace crawling withpeople.
I do my christmas shopping during the back to school sales. That is a time that alot of companies sell their ' floor models' when it comes to appliances, furniture etc.
The back to school sales usually effect the entire store... more so on the items that are not related to school. That is where you get good prices and you can start putting things away for christmas. Then you dont have to shop with the 99% of people who wait until the last minute to buy gifts.
It also gives me time to make sure that what I bought is appropriate and is wanted. You can always exchange ...just not the day before christmas. ;-)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 01:38 pm
Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope. <shudder>
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 02:52 pm
"Black" Friday is "black" because most retail stores make a considerable percentage of their money during the Christmas shopping season.

"Black" Friday spending can wipe out the red ink of a slow shopping year.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:06 pm
I have had many friends who worked retail over the holidays and the thing that has always amazed them is how much people piss and moan about the crowds, the parking, the lines, on that day.

Like they were expecting nobody else to think of shopping on that day?

I buy nothing on that day or on the day after Christmas.

I see enough absurd holiday behavior at the photo studio to last me the rest of the year. I refuse to futher expose myself to insane consumerism in the name of baby Jesus.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:07 pm
ohhhhh, Garden Ridge
I love Garden Ridge
Where did those pants come from. Must mull.

did I mention I love Garden Ridge?
0 Replies